Thursday 10 January 2013

Positive Vibes

Good Morning you beautiful load of lovelies!
No, I'm not drunk and I've just realised it's not even morning anymore but what the heck?! I have decided to inject some positivity into my days and you are my first victims receivers of some Positive Vibes. 
All you need to do is stare into this picture...

 

Only Joking! Don't look at it, it will hurt your eyes if your eyes are anything like mine! 


Really, I feel the need to become a bit more positive and drown out the miserable, grumpy old bastard that lives in my head. It would be nice to evict him completely but one step at a time. I imagine he looks something like this...
He seems to be voicing his opinions a little too much lately and I think it's about time I took some action to shut him up. 

He doesn't appreciate the warm glow of the sun through the window, he just moans about standing there washing up, again. He doesn't notice the hours of fun the boys have had playing with their building bricks and train set, it's just more clearing up. 

Well, the time has come to ignore him. 2013 is going to be a positive year with positive changes throughout. It is going to be hard work at times, breaking any habit always is. The first step is to notice you're doing it. Habits are so comfortable they become second nature and happen without us noticing. I was washing up this morning, thinking 
"I have washed up all flippin week and I'm fed up of it now. Of all the housework I hate washing up the most. Why can't my husband do it? Ok, he's at work but he can still move his hands across a key board pretty quickly in the evening!" 
Then I realised what I was doing. 
"Stop it!" I shouted at the old git. "He may well have left the washing up all week but he is working. What is it that you do that is so pressing you can't rinse a few bowls? You're at home all day with all your comforts and taking things relatively easy. If you have to wash up before you blog so be it, now shut up and get on with it!" 
He hasn't said a word since! 1-0 to me, hurrah! 
I plan to put a little positive picture at the start of every post as it will help me to keep positivity in mind. It may also give you a chuckle or brighten your day. I used to do a post every Monday called Motivation on Monday. I would find a picture and a positive quote to go with it. It was very hard to write a moany post on Mondays after doing that as I felt I was contradicting myself. I wonder if it will have the same effect now?

To start off the Positive Vibe here is a picture for you

1 comment:

  1. Great post! But woah, that picture is trippy..it hurts my head haha.
    I think we all have a grump inside our heads, mine tends to mutter the same kinds of things about chores and lack of me-time. I'm learning to appreciate things a bit more and stay positive this year too, good luck to the both of us :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!