Wednesday 23 January 2013

Wednesday Words - Home

Wednesday

This is the first time I have joined in with Emma's weekly linky. Being one for a good quote I thought I would have a look to see what I could come up with that is relevant to me this week and in keeping with my positive theme.


photo edited for free at www.pizap.com
- by John Ed Pierce


The last two weeks have made me realise a lot of things. One of them is, I have come to realise the only place I want to be when things go wrong is Home. I have always thought of my "Home" as my house, with my husband and my boys. Over these last two weeks I have been referring to my parents house as "Home" (which has really confused my husband!). I wonder why this is. Are we all just children at heart and still need the familiarity of our parents home in the midst of a crisis? I have no idea to be honest. All I do know is, at the moment, the only place I feel I can truly relax and feel myself is at "Home" with my Mum and Dad. 

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful quote and a touching story to go with it. No matter how old you get, there are times when we just need our parents. I don't think that ever leaves us. I have lived in many houses over the years, but there are only 2 that have ever truly felt like home (and yes, one was the home I lived in for 15 years with my parents!)

    Thankyou for linking up to Wednesday Words. Hope to see you here more often. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. I know what you're saying.
    I always wanted to leave home when younger...now my mom has passed I crave being home with her, not gonna happen but you know what I'm getting at.

    Lovely post - thank you for sharing x

    My Wednesday Words Post - http://anormalgirlsreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/wednesday-words_23.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!