Saturday 9 February 2013

What A Day In So Many Ways


Wow, yesterday, what a day! Several important things happened, mostly good I'm happy to say. It was one of those days you know will stick in your mind for a while.



Yesterday started a bit bleary eyed after having a busy night with Squish. I wish he would realise sleeping is not a weakness! I pottered about doing a bit of housework until my husband came back from the school run. Chaos had his 2year assessment at the childrens center so tootled off over there. I have no idea how they assess their language developement from the two tasks they were set. It just highlights to me how thinly staff are being spread these days due to cost cutting. It's ridiculous. Nobody raised any concerns about Chaos and his linguistic ability so I assume he is ok.

We came home for some lunch and a sleep (Chaos, not me unfortunately!). I then headed off to see a lovely friend from school who I haven't seen since last summer! I have missed her and our catch ups. It reminds me that, while our world is ever changing some things always stay the same. Our friendship is one of those things and I love it! We caught up as much as time would allow and made plans to meet up next week in half term.

I whizzed of to get Big from school then dashed over to my parents house. I had a job interview at 4pm so I got changed and left Big on the computer.
I had an aching eye and a bit of a headache all day that had gradually been getting worse. I put it down to having a rough night with Squish, so I took some painkillers and kept going. By the time I got to Mums I felt truly awful. I felt really hot yet with a prickly coldness. My stomach was churning and I felt all clammy. The pain behind my eye was really hurting and it was making me feel sick and hard to concentrate properly. Dad offered to drive me and for once I gratefully accepted. The drive seemed to take forever and I felt gradually worse, hot flushes and dizziness. We discussed going home and rearranging it for another day but as we were nearly there I thought we may as well go for it.

My friend greeted me as we got there with "Hiya mate, you look like shit!" She has a way with words that make you feel so much better. I had a chat with the Manager and before I knew it she was discussing rotas and which shifts I would be available for next week. Think I got the job, Hurrah!! She said she would ring and confirm the days over the weekend. I was feeling even worse on the way out so headed for the loo. No details but not good... Just to round it off, I was ill on the roadside on our way home. By the time we reached Mums I was freezing, shivery and worn out. I sat by the fire and told Mum all about it. Dad made me some warm juice while Big got my thick hoody from the car.
Curiously, after about an hour I was feeling much better. Dad put it down to exhaustion while Mum and I wondered if it had just been nerves. I feel a bit delicate in my tummy today and tired but otherwise fine so maybe it was nerves. It amazes me how the body can suppress anxiety enough to cause physical ailments without me realising what is happening. Am I that out of touch with my self or is this fairly common? Either way I am going to start looking after myself a little better from now on.


On a much brighter note, I had a look at some tweets and was happy to find two guest post I had written had both been posted. One is for Pippa at Story of Mum with this months theme of Activist Mums. You can read it HERE. It's called Mumra and Other Thunderous Kats (which I think is an awesome title!) I would urge you to linger on the site a while as it is most wonderful and has plenty of inspiring stories from Mums from around the world.
The other post was for the very lovely Hannah from Spans Studio. It is about how blogging has helped me through the toughest year of my life and helped me regain my sense of self. You can read the post HERE. Hannah is a fabulously crafty lady and as well as a brilliant blog, she has her own Etsy Shop with gorgeous handcrafted delights.

I think I will add that I am totally over the shiny moon at having been nominated for the MAD Blog Awards. I honestly can't believe my little blog has made it! Concidering I didn't think anyone would read it, I am massively honored to be grouped with the top blogs in the country!! Please don't think I am touting for votes, I'm not. I just wanted to share the huge feeling of appreciation, happiness, and gratitute to the lovely people who read The Pillar. This is one of my top achievements so thank you! x


3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better now - it always amazes me how our bodies seem to know our emotions better than we do, we just have to listen to them more often. And congratulations on MAD! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on job, and also on your VERY well deserved MADS nomination! :) Off to read your guest posts now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definately think you're little blog deserves lot of awards!! Maybe it was nerves? Or maybe just running around all day after little sleep caught up with you. Either way I am glad you're better, and good luck with the job xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!