Tuesday 26 March 2013

An Amazing Day!



 

 I am linking this post up to Jaimes' Magic Moments Linky as this really was Magic for me.


The most amazing thing happened at work today and I feel quite humble when I think about it. It's not often people go out of their way to help or show a kindness these days, so it really stands out when they do. A lady came in today and did just that..


At work the other week I wore my pink tutu and deely boppers to raise money for Red Nose Day. My antics raised another £50 so it was worth every minute of being laughed at!

Anyway, this lady is a regular customer and noticed my outfit and read my card about #TeamHonk climbing Snowdon. She came over and asked me if I would like some necklaces to sell to raise more money for charity. I was surprised by her generosity but warmed by it as well. It's not often people offer things for nothing.
This lovely lady went on to explain that she makes glass pendants to sell at craft fairs and small outlets to raise money for charity. Her and her husband fund a school being built in Rwanda! That in itself is amazing, let alone the fact she would like to donate her handmade jewellery to me!

Having not thought about this meeting over the last two weeks, I was surprised today when this lovely lady appeared with a bag full of necklaces! They are simply gorgeous. They are all individually made and different in appearance. Well, I'll let you see for yourself!


1

2

3

4

5

6

Aren't they lovely?! She gave me 15 altogether but one of the girls at work bought one straight away as a present for someone - Brilliant!!

So I shall be adding these on to my blog very soon. I am hoping to open my Blog Shop at the start of April and ALL proceeds go directly to Unicef. I have a Just Giving page (the link is at the top of the page) so any 'payment' for items in the blog shop will be made by donating on there. If any of these lovely pieces catch your eye and you can't wait. I have numbered them 1-6 so please leave a comment and I shall get in touch for your address. I would like at least a £5 donation per item which will include postage, thanking you kindly. If you would like to give more then fantabulous, go right ahead!!

If you have any suggestions or donations for the blog shop I would love to hear from you! If you want to read about the blog shop idea you can do so HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Thats great Kat, and they are so attractive, hope you sell loads, and also, pleased to hear you are settling in so well at work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is such a lovely thing to happen and in my book certainly counts as a #magicmoment! Thank you so much for sharing with my #magicmoments linky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and the lady are both pretty magic reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's brilliant! They're beautiful pieces too. Good work, the both of you x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!