Tuesday 19 March 2013

Blah, Blah, Blah!

Ugh, I'm trying to put into words how I feel right now and that is pretty much it. UGH (on an out breath). Don't ask me why, I have no idea. Some amazing things have happened today which have made me jump about like a loon. Now though, it's all pants.


Maybe this is a rather un-gentle reminder that one has forgotten to order her wonder pills again so is consequently suffering the wrath of the Big D. Ever waiting in the wings to nudge you, lest you forget you're mentally incapable of coping with daily life without a little white magic pill.

Needless to say, today has not been a bed of roses. It was ok to start with but by lunchtime I was starting to feel quite harassed. My eldest needs a passport for a school trip in May and my Father has chosen this to focus all his energy on. He has been nagging on about it for ages. Have we got the photos, have they been signed, why haven't we sent it off yet. He doesn't realise there are other things that we have to wait for. His Dad has to dig out his passport and give me the number, the photos have to be signed, the school staff member took them home and didn't bring them back. Some things are beyond our control and I can't help that. What really doesn't help is being nagged about it constantly! I know he's trying to help but it's really got to me today.


The dog had to go to the vet today as she has a bad ear infection. I asked my husband repeatedly to clean her ears out but he hasn't so now she has a stonking infection. It's that bad the vet said she may have to sedate her and clean her ears fully (like syringing) if the medicine doesn't clear it by Friday. Great. Husband fail = poorly dog + huge vet bill.

I have also had to sort out another large purchase that hasn't been budgeted for so we are now skint, again.

I was going to take the bus to town with the boys tomorrow to visit a new soft play center. They haven't been on the bus before and I'm sick of sitting in the house when hubby has the car for work. I was quite looking forward to it until I was reminded that the windows are being replaced tomorrow. Sometime after 12pm Woo bloody Hooo! Bang goes that idea then.

I asked Big to apply online for his International Health Card for his school trip. I didn't think it would be that complicated and I could fill in the bits he didn't know like my NI number etc. Oh No. His first question.. "Mum, what's your forename?" Followed soon after by "What do I put for house number?" Jeez, really?! Anyway, he filled out the form with the help of autofill and some bits of paperwork. When I came to check it, he had clicked submit and it was asking if I would like a confirmation email of my application. Ah well, it takes 10 days so we'll have time to fix it if it's got the wrong name or gender on it!

So, those are my reasons for being a smidge miserable. Now I have shared it with you lovely folk I am feeling a bit better (or it could be the 3 bits of flapjack I have just shoved in my face!)


Ok so now for the more fabulous parts of the day, in no particular order. I have got an interview with a fabulous famous lady lined up and you will be able to read it right here very soon. I am massively excited about this and no, I'm not saying who it is just yet! 

I made some yummylicious flapjacks and some lemon curd today. Hilarious watching Squish's face as he tried curd for the first time. Chaos just ran away! They both loved the flapjacks though so I may have to make some more tomorrow! 

I got out in the garden to begin my annual attack on dandylions, bloody things. It's a shame they have to seed so well as they are pretty when they are yellow! The boys were out playing in their sandbox too. They loved it. I also managed to plant some bulbs in the front garden under the window. Chaos helped me but I am hopeful that some flowers will come up out of the 30 we crushed diced *ahem* planted. He enjoyed and that's what matters! I have saved some to plant in the top flower bed with my Granny's Camellia. They will look pretty (and be safer) up there.  

Thank you once again, beautiful people, for letting me spill my grumpy beans and hope you managed to hang on for the happier jumping beans at the end. I am going to go to the soft play in the morning and play with the boys in the garden in the afternoon tomorrow. We shall have a fabulous day and eat lots of flapjack!! 

Have a great Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. I so know those days!! I just wish I could make flapjack ... Hope you are feeling a bit better. Passports are a complete pain aren't they? Altho I think you are doing better than someone I know who took 8 attempts to get the form right!Durrr! Take a deep breath and a large bite of flapjack with your dad .... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Kat big hugs! Hope the passport sorts itself it (well gets sorted) they're a right pain, hopefully people can pull their fingers out to help more. And just nod at your dad that's what i do! Lovely to round the post off positively though hun hope it helped a bit. Tomorrows another day. Eat your flapjack and order your damn pills!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're having such a hard time! Hope you get things sorted out soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah honey. Hope tomorrow brings more bouncy moments than grr ones. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!