Thursday 29 August 2013

August Moons Goals


What were my goals for the year 2013? 
How could I end the year on a high note?

I think my goals for the year have definitely changed. There were a few things I wanted to accomplish. Things like my CBT so I could ride a motor bike. Doing a falconry day. Going snowboarding again. Nothing of any great substance just pure enjoyment.

As the year has progressed, we are suddenly in the middle of a struggle to keep our family together. Having spoken to the health visitor, I am much more positive about this being a possibility than I have been. We are working towards my husband being allowed to spend Christmas at home with us. Even if that just means for the day. It will be brilliant to have us all back home together again, especially at Christmas.

My personal goals are to go a bit easier on myself and relax my attitude to things. I don't want to keep beating myself up for not doing everything off my list in a day. Some days I don't even want a list!
I don't want to feel I have to choose housework over a shower or nap while the boys are asleep. I am important too! I need to remember that.

I also want to improve my diet and get some exercise regularly. I have slipped into the habit of skipping meals and eating junk to keep me going. I don't exercise daily either which I should really start to do. I would also like to start meditating to relieve the turmoil in my head. I have just bought a meditation cd so can't wait to try that out. I just want to take better care of myself in general so in turn I can take better care of my family and set them a better example.


3 comments:

  1. Best goals ever, my friend. Being kinder to yourself is work that'll last your whole life long and will be worth every endeavour.
    You deserve love and happiness! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals, and definitely give yourself a break! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering the turmoil in your life, for the past few months, this sounds like an excellent plan. I really hope you get time to get your meditation done xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!