Thursday 27 March 2014

Reasons To Be Cheerful!

Reasons to be Cheerful
Wow! I haven't joined in with this wonderful linky in so long it is hosted by someone else now! This week it is being hosted by the brilliant Lakes Single Mum before heading back to the lovely Jo at Ojos World. 
I have honestly missed joining in with this every week. Not for the actual post writing part but I have missed sitting down and actually thinking about all the wonderful things we have to be grateful for. It has led me to have quite a negative mindset and I really want to change that as it is starting to get me down! 

My reasons for being cheerful this week are: 

1. I have increased the dose of my anti sickness pills which have helped no end. I have had three days this week totally sickness free. I am suffering today after forgetting to take one last night but I'm sure I will feel better once I'm back on track with them. It has made such a difference to my energy and motivation too. 

2. Even though we said we were stopping sleep training with Squish, he is sleeping much better recently. Maybe he was picking up on our tenseness at night time. He still wakes occasionally but it is much easier to settle him back to sleep without the need to stay in the room with him. We are all getting a bit more sleep which is marvelous! 

3. I have started attending a parenting course which is helping me focus more on the positive aspects of my boys behaviour rather than concentrating on the bad stuff all the time. It's amazing, just by shifting your point of view a little things can appear totally differently. My main problem area is occupying them while getting the tea ready in the evening. I am much more positive that I'll be able to resolve that now. 

4. I am feeling increasingly more settled in our house. Slowly things are coming together as we are putting our plans into action. I love being back in the town and having everything within walking distance. 

5. I am also HUGELY grateful that there are people that can make cakes look far more appealing than mine do! My boys thought it was great so that's good enough for me :o) 




6 comments:

  1. It's my 1st time linking up in a long while too, great to have a post focusing on all the brilliant things that have happened throughout the week isn't it :)
    Great reasons, I'm glad the anti-sickness medication is helping you...hopefully the sicky bit passes quickly for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are settling down a bit on all fronts.
    Great cake!
    I think we could all benefit from parenting courses - should be available to everyone - we can all learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back and sorry you didn't know we were new hosts! I did a positive parenting course and it helped me lots when mine drove me nuts ;-) Hope the sickness abates and that Squish sleeps better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your parenting course is helpful, it definitely makes a difference when we focus on the positive. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely reasons Kat :) hope the dose helps nothing worse than feel crap 24/7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to have you back, and with such wonderful reasons too!
    I went to some parenting classes, about a year ago. I think they are incredibly helpful and, however good a parent you are, you can get something from them xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!