Monday 21 July 2014

Magic Moment - Yurt


 

Im linking this post up with the beautiful Jaime as my #MagicMoment this week. I will be honest and say I have been finding it hard to see the magic in many moments lately so this one definitely stood out.

You may have read recently that we have had my friends yurt here on loan. If you missed it here is a picture of it.

Well,  luckily for me my friend who owns the yurt has lots of contacts and found us our very own little beauty for an absolute bargain. Bearing in mind hers cost nearly £2,000. We paid a mere £400 for ours! The canvas itself is worth £800 so it really is a bargain. All it needs is a few of the internal supports replacing which is nothing if you have friends who coppice hazel (I do!).

So here is our little beauty.



Not quite as eye catching as the Scarlet Pimpernel but its completely ours and I love it. The canvas lets in more light as it is white making it brighter inside, even under the trees. I am going to try to make a door for it as the canvas one is a bit tricky to nip in and out of. That should be a fun project, but probably not one I will get round to this year, unfortunately.

3 comments:

  1. Awww so nice! You are right white looks nice cuz its bright inside and out esp when the weather starts to gloom. Good luck with the door project =) #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eldest son has already had his first sleep over in there and loved it. I'm hoping to get the fence up this week if the weather allows! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat thats fantastic!! i would absolutely love one of these !! i cant wait to hear how you get on next year with the making a door!

    thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments (sorry i am so late round ) x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!