Thursday 31 July 2014

Reasons To Be Cheerful...


Reasons to be Cheerful

I havent joined in with this linky fow what seems like ages. Its great for focusing on all the good things that happen and lovely to look back on if you're feeling a bit down. This week I'm linking up with Becky at Lakes Single Mum so nip over there to see some more cheerful moments. 

Yesterday I had no plans and the day stretched out for miles in front of me.  The boys seemed to have endless energy as they raced each other round the house at 8 oclock. After breakfast they seemed to calm down a bit so I managed to get some washing on the line and start a new load. After a bit of a tidy up,  I decided to walk over to the Drs to get my prescription.

On the way back the boys wanted to go to the park. Usually I say no as the thought of them running in different directions or getting stuck where I can't reach them worries me. If I wasn't so pregnant and slow I wouldnt worry so much. The thought of it makes me really anxious if I'm honest.

Today,  I said yes. I thought it would help burn some energy and occupy them for a while. I explained to them they had to stay together on things and generally they were pretty good.


 We had an ice cream and watched everyone running about and the Mums sat in the shade watching.



Then we headed home. On the way Squish said "Mummy,  I need to hug this tree. The tree needs a hug."  He's never done that before but it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling that my little man is that caring.


After a bit of lunch the boys headed up for a sleep so I had a nap too.  Bliss!

There have been other happy things this week like Squish getting the all clear from the consultant but I wrote about that yesterday. This post is one in the face for Anxiety as I'm sure all other sufferers will understand. That is plenty reason to be cheerful for me!

Hope you've had a fab week too x

6 comments:

  1. Your post is in a way similar to mine. They have a common theme : children, energy, trees, outdoors and ice cream. Long may the good weather continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..........so happy for you re the All Clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what the linky is for finding little positives when all seems negative. Love the tree hug and yay to all clear x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way things have been going for you lately, a trip to the park is a HUGE reason to be cheerful! It's exactly what it's about, just like Becky said xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tree hug idea and the gorgeous photograph. Also I do get how often we say no when saying yes might lead to the making of special memories. Thanks for reminding me. Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless them , it looks like they had a wonderful time - and in the process so did you. It really is the simplest things that give the greatest pleasure :) Thank you for linking to PoCoLo :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!