Monday 4 August 2014

Magic Moments





Last week was quite up and down. I am trying to retrain myself to look for the special moments which make all the hard times manageable. It's not easy but I'm sticking with it. These lovely links help me a lot so thank you Jaime!

Yesterday my husband and I cleared up the kitchen. Wow, yeah I know, it's not earth shatteringly amazing. It was just one of those jobs that needed doing as our house has become over run with junk. Gradually we are hoping to work our way round the whole house to declutter everywhere. Anyway, the point is, we cleared the kitchen together. Together.

Then later on, we put the boys to bed and sat down to watch Molly & Mike from the past week. We laughed most of the afternoon away. I can't remember the last time we watched something we both found funny.

The weekend has been spattered with moments like these. Nothing amazing or outstanding to an outsider but special to us. That's what it's all about though right?!

This evening rounded the weekend off perfectly. I was waiting for the boys to fall asleep and my husband sent me a message saying the weekend had been amazing just because we had done things together. Nothing tops that.

Hope you all have a fab week full of magic moments!


7 comments:

  1. Lovely. Nothing beats laughing together. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy, we've had a great weekend :) Have a lovely week and safe travels xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's actually so lovely it brought a tear to my eye. Not the cleaning the kitchen part, but the text message!
    It's those little things that mean the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It brought a tear to mine too, especially as he rarely says things like that :) x

      Delete
  4. That's how it should be. It's not all gifts nights away etc those are nice but just making time is the best gift if all love you all lots x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's so nice. I wish I had more of these moments with my OH. He's always working and never does things - big or small - with us as a family or with me. So sad as it's the little things as well as the big that are important

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so romantic and sweet! this post is about .. well togetherness and its been awhile since my husband and I did this. I think that we still have a gap since we had a fight in January. A big one. Still hunting us. I am so happy for you and I understand how this activity might be simple and yet really magical. We can might never have something as special as this. #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!