Thursday 4 September 2014

What A Day...

You know those days when you have several things booked in and as long as it goes like clockwork, life is good. Today has been one of those days, only it didn't go like clockwork. Not any of it.

Following a fairly late night, we all got up late this morning. Not a great start but do-able. I managed to get the boys fed, dressed and we got to nursery at 10am. Only an hour late!!

After dropping Chaos, I headed of with Squish to the community centre for Active Bounce. We hadnt been before and I had arranged to meet a friend their with her kids. After stopping to get some money we finally got there at 10:20, not too bad. Squish seemed a bit clingy and quiet, initially, which wasn't like him but he soon perked up a bit and got stuck in.

We left there at 11:45 to head to the hospital for my midwife appointment. Squish was being a pest and running off everywhere. He was totally shattered and trying to stay awake i think. I had some blood taken and my blood pressure checked before "hopping" on the couch to hear babys heart beat. When the midewife measured me she said she is a little bit small but didn't seem worried. Then she listened to her heart rate and I could tell something wasn't right. I listened and her pulse seemed to slow right down before picking up again. I asked the midwife and she said she just wanted to check something,  gathered up my notes and left the room quite quickly. Panic kicked in. What the hell was wrong?! Shes small and has a heart problem?! Oh shit! I was really glad I hadn't started the antidepressants at that point!
The midwife came back and said she wanted to monitor her heart rate over a longer time to get a better idea of what was normal. Another midwife came in and listened for five minutes. She then suggested I come back later so I could be monitored for half an hour. She said she was only letting me go as the heart rate was steady at that point and I had to find someone to have Squish.

I rang my Dad and he was already in town so popped round with my Mum.  I had to sign on at the job centre the go back to the hospital so Dad agreed to get Chaos from nursery and have Squish while Mum came with me to hospital. Luckily,  the job centre didnt take long so I grabbed Mum and went up to the hospital. I was feeling quite anxious by this point and trying hard not to wonder what else could possibly go wrong?!
The midwives were lovely and explained everything carefully to us. Once attached to the monitor they made sure things were steady before leaving us to wait it out. Mum had a look at the printout and said it looked ok to her.  I felt a bit relieved to hear that. When the midwife came back she confirmed what Mum had said and told us we could go. I have to keep a close eye on movements and other things but all is ok for now...

I'm not sure how many more of these emotionally draining days I can cope wi at the moment! It seems like everything that could be difficult, is difficult! I don't know how long it will be before my benefit is sorted out but they estimated around three weeks. Meanwhile, all previous claims have stopped leaving me with nothing indefinitely. My husband (I'll have to think of something else to call him now - suggestions welcome!), gave me enough for bills and shopping but that had to go on Bigs uniform and council tax arrears. I don't know how we will manage in the meantime. I'm sure we will though, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!