Friday 29 May 2015

Boys vs Girls

This isn't going to be a post about why girls are better than boys (because it's obvious.... Kidding!). As I am raising three boys and a little lady, there are a few differences I have noticed between them. (I'm not saying these things are true of all children, just mine.)

Stealth Peeing

Yes, exactly that.
With boys its obvious. Cover it or get a facefull, right?! They don't care where it goes (which I have noticed can be a long standing problem...) It is a fountain to rival the Trevi itself and probably about equal coverage. You know exactly where it went and what needs changing.
Girls..? Well... Sneaky they are. Lie there gurgling as you unsuspectingly lift them up to reveal a puddle the size of a Scottish Loch. You find this out by putting your hand right in it as you are distracted by googoo eyes smiling disarmingly at you. There is no sound, no warning, it just appears from nowhere. Stealth pee...

People

My daughter could be sat in a room with absolutely nothing in it and not care as long as she had someone to talk to or smile at. She has always loved faces. Our first trip to the children's centre had her grinning at the wall display of "People from around the world" She loved all the faces and smiled at every single one, leaning as far as she could until I moved her closer.
The boys were all the opposite. Once released from the buggy they would make for the brightest /noisiest toy in the room and not make a sound other than brumming noises. They would only speak when spoken to unless something was broken on said toy and they needed help to fix it.

Talking

Now, I always thought my boys were quite chatty. They hit all their milestones early and can all hold a conversation well (with the exception of Squish, who floats off into orbit if you talk for too long). Well, that was before little Miss came along. Woweee can she talk! She will tell you all about her day, what the weather was like, how much her milk was even before you've sat down! In baby babble of course. She has a vocal range that is quite something else and I'm sure she communicates with bats during the night. Having said that, there is no better sound to wake up to that her giggling and gurgling next to me (ready to pull my hair if I don't get up).

Moving Around

My little hunter /gatherers were all keen explorers. As soon as they could, they were everywhere and into everything (ok Chaos more than the other two, obviously). Squish loves to climb, whether the object can support his weight or not! Big was very calculated and didnt try anything he wasn't 100% sure he could do (hes still the same now).
My little lady is too engrossed with chatting to everyone and looking in detail at the way her hands move or the thread that is looped in the carpet. She does move around the room but not with the same determination as her brothers. They wanted to Go! While she will mosey and have a look round or just stay where she is, thanks.

Greetings

My little lady has the sweetest greeting for people she has strong feelings for. She will give the biggest smile and hold out her hands to them, when they pick her up she holds their face in her hands and puts her cheek on theirs. I love it, feeling her silky soft hands on my face. She is a dream.
I'm pretty sure all the boys were quite shy at her age. They were ok with family they knew well but wouldn't smile at people they didn't know. Thinking about it, Chaos was walking at 9 months and he was everywhere. I'll never forget walking through Bath with him. A guy had sat down on a bench, with his McDonald's. Chaos just walked up to him and took his drink, without saying a word, and walked off with it! No, he wasn't shy...

These are just some of the little things I have noticed with my kids. Some could just be individual differences while others could be to do with their gender, I have no idea.

I'd love to know if your kids were similar to mine or totally different. I love how we all differ slightly, yet we are all beautiful.

I thought I would share this post with this weeks #The List. Why not nip over and check put some other fab blogs. Go on.. Try something new!

You Baby Me Mummy

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha stealth peeing! I only have a girl, so I have zero experience of bringing up boys. Fab post. Thanks so much for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!