Thursday 16 July 2015

The Machine

At this point, I think we are incredibly lucky with all the technology we have access to. I know this may sound a bit old fashioned but we have gadgets for nearly everything now. Everything to save us time.

Washing machines, microwaves, high powered Hoover's, even remote control lights and curtain openers for those really rough mornings! 

The capabilities of computers are so advanced humans are becoming obsolete in many work places. Machines are taking over as more efficient and effective. 
With all this in mind, why is it after purchasing my first dishwasher, the washing up is still everywhere?! How the hell doesn't that work?

I'll tell you. Human error!

The dishwasher is very effective. It washes whatever is put in it, with the exception of weetabix concrete, it does a very good job too. The problem is the things that don't fit in the dishwasher still need washing by hand. Yes, BY HAND. Its as if the appearance of the machine now means this particular house hold chore no longer exists.

My cupboards are empty and the machine is emptied gradually on the requirements of its contents. Everything that needs washing by hand is now balanced Tetris style on the worktop in the hope that the fairies will nip in on their way past and magic them clean. In the meantime, they are washed as they are needed then replaced in the Tetris tower.

I am sure someone will eventually invent a machine that fills and empties itself too but while I wait for that I shall start training the kids.

I wonder if I can manage it before the self emptyin/filling machine is invented?

Nah!

2 comments:

  1. Haha this made me laugh! What doesn't fit? I couldn't have that fit all or don't have it lol I hope they are trained soon!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dinner plates only fit if they are almost horizontal and the pots don't fit but I don't see a saucepan as a massive problem. Retraining required!!

      Delete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!