Sunday 13 September 2015

Summer Revelations

I think this year has to have been one of the longest, toughest summer holidays yet. My Mum isn't well, which has been an emotional roller coaster. My Captain of Chaos has been living up to his name beautifully which has made everything ten times more stressful. Having spent the best part of a week with relatives in Scotland, I have had a chance to reflect on the last 6 weeks. These are my discoveries.

* A lot of the problems with Chaos, I think, are due to a lack of one to one time. He has been better behaved at nursery or on days out. I am trying to accept that I may not be able to fulfil his needs, given that I have the demands of three other children to concider. I need to think of a way to give him more stimulation without it having to be one to one. I still feel he has other issues that need addressing as well.

* As a Mum, I feel a different kind of protectiveness towards my girl than the three boys. I don't know if that is a common thing. For example, I never spared a thought about who was around when I did the boys nappies but I take my girl somewhere private or away from non-family. I am careful about what pics I put on social media too.

* I can make hedgehogs from books! I may even do a post about it at a later date. I am now making two babies to go with the larger one. Paper folding is definitely something I'm going to look into further. I love it and I'm hooked!

* I bought a wood burning tool. I have made two plaques and both well were well received. I really enjoy making them too so more projects to follow I think.

* Self care is one of the most important practices you can do for your family. I have realised, unless I am well balanced I can not manage my children or parent effectively. I am quite tired most of the time which means I don't have the same patience I would have on top form. This will be an on going challenge that will fluctuate for some time as I find it hard to maintain.

* The less time we spend in the house, the tidier my house is! This may be obvious and I'm sure I knew this gem from years ago!

* I have a tendency to over stretch myself. I am so preoccupied with making sure everyone is ok, I forget to look after myself!

* Sleep is vital!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!