Saturday 28 September 2013

I Gone An Done It This Time.....

Well I've gone and done it this time! You know when you see something and think "That's a GREAT idea AND it's for charity"? That happened to me....

It appears I have signed myself up to do a fire walk for Dorothy House.
Yes. 
A Fire Walk. 
Yes, it is exactly what is says. I have to walk on FIRE!! Burning hot coals (1,000 degrees Fahrenheit!) in my little bare tootsies. Not sure there will be much walking, I think I'd rather run!!


Hmmm... Not sure I really thought this one through but never mind. It's for an amazing cause! The walk is being organised by Survivorbility. They have an amazing track record both in safety and fund raising for charity. Check out their website for other fear inducing events they host. 

I have heard about Fire Walking before. That you have to have belief in yourself and in others to get you through. Everything about walking on fire screams "DON'T DO IT!"  

Imagine standing at the edge of the fire pit, feeling the heat on your bare skin and the fear rising.
That first step into the unknown.
How bad is it going to be?
Heart thumping faster than my feet can carry me. 

But...

Imagine feeling the cool grass under your feet on the other side.
Imagine the huge, overwhelming feeling of accomplishment.
Hear the clapping and cheering of fellow walkers 
To know that you can overcome one of your greatest fears

To make that personal achievement then realise this life changing event has helped raise money for people going through some of the worst times in their lives. To provide support like no other exactly when they need it most. 

Still think I'm crazy?

2 comments:

  1. I think you're crazy! I also think you're thoughtful, incredible and amazing. Go for it! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!