Wednesday 18 September 2013

I'm Coming Out...

I'm coming out. It's not that I have kept this a secret, I just haven't openly advertised this fact. I'm not ashamed of who I am but I realise many people are put off by certain things and this may well be one of them.



I am a Lightworker. If you haven't heard of them before I will attempt to explain. A Lightworker is someone who works with light usually for a type healing. I am a Reiki Master. I visualise pure white light during healing sessions, cleansing crystals and for protection. Reiki is also known as Hands on Healing, as that is basically what it is. I feel I should add that I don't belong to any religion but I do believe everyone has a right to choose their faith.

I had my Reiki Masters attunements about ten years ago. I loved the personal development they made to me. I felt I was growing as a person and developing into someone I was proud to be. I had a hard time explaining Reiki to people and it put me off practicing as I didn't feel confident in answering peoples questions. Now I am older I am less worried about it. I still can't explain it but I know it works, which is what matters.

As a Reiki practitioner, healing white light is channelled through the healer to the client. The light is universal life force energy and it enters the practitioner through the crown chakra.
It is then directed to the client via the practitioners hands. Some reiki practitioners put their hands on the body of the client whilst others hold their hands above the body but within the clients aura. Both methods are just as effective.

During a healing session the practitioner will visualize healing light entering your body. They may work with Reiki symbols, crystals, oils or other healing tools. All will enhance the healing experience for the client if used appropriately.

I can understand if you're reading this thinking "Righty ho, the kids lost it and thinks she can do magic"
I get it. I do! Totally. I had my doubts too, if I'm honest. Soon after completing my Reiki level 1 something happened to convince me about the healing power of Reiki.

At the time, Big was about 18 months old. He hadn't long learnt to walk but he was all over the place. Nothing would slow him down. He used to walk all round town, bless him. I was on the phone one day and he was pulling my finger to go in the other room. I didnt have a walk about phone so couldn't go. I said I'd be there in a minute but he was insistent. He pulled my finger really hard hoping to pull me but he lost his grip and let go. He fell awkwardly and screamed in agony. I tried everything to ease the pain but nothing helped. After a couple of hours I took him to A&E for an Xray. They said he hadn't broken anything, it was just badly sprained but if he was no better by Friday to bring him back. I took him back on Friday as he still couldn't put weight on it. This Xray showed a fracture running the length of his shin. The next appointment for the fracture clinic was ten days later! I took him home and rang my Reiki Master to ask if I could Reiki him. She said to do it while he was asleep so he didn't fidget and risk hurting his leg more. A few minutes on his leg to heal it and 5 minutes on his head to help him deal with the pain (as he was so young). Once he was asleep I did what she had said and waited for morning to see if it helped.

The following morning I went in to his room and he was standing up in his cot waiting for me! I lifted him out and put him gingerly on the floor. Not only did he stand up, he ran off into the other room as if nothing was ever wrong! We got dressed and I took him round to my parents. I wanted someone else to witness it knowing that he had reverted to crawling and hopping for the last week as weight bearing was too painful. My parents were as stunned as me! I went to see my Reiki Master that evening as she was having a get together. She had seen these things several times but was still impressed, especially as he spent several hours on her trampoline with no ill effects.

I took him to his appointment at the fracture clinic the following week and they thought I had the wrong child. They couldn't believe that he had healed so fast from the fracture he had. I think it was the fact that he ran over to the cubicle when the Dr called his name!

There is another, more in depth, description of Lightworkers HERE if you fancy reading more about it. Doreen Virtue has a lot of information on her site that I have found really interesting. She also writes about Indigo Children, Crystal Children and the Rainbow Children. These are the new generation of sensitive healers. I am hoping to meet her in a couple of weeks so I will share what I discover. I am sure Big is an Indigo Child so I shall definitely write more about them soon.

4 comments:

  1. My last email to you was written before I read this! This is also something that Clare knows about, I think. I'm fairly open-minded about all this, if it works then surely thats what matters. Good luck,
    Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all honesty I don't have an opinion on Reiki, as I've yet to try it. However, I do really want to try it! I, like you I think, am very open minded about most beliefs. Mine are my own, and mine only, no one should judge another by their beliefs.

    I do know that this will probably help you get through some pretty rough times, and to me, that is vital.

    Hope you are doing ok sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you for being yourself and coming out with your beliefs. They are nothing to be ashamed of! I wish you lived near. I could do with a bit of healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, I am loving getting to know this side of you. All of this is something I'm really interested in, in fact I'm hoping to do my Reiki 1 & 2 soon (when I can afford it). Are there any books you can recommend? I also loved your Glastonbury post - my kind of girl sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!