Thursday 2 January 2014

Team Honk Does It Again For Sport Relief

Last year, Team Honk organised an amazing walk up Mount Snowdon to raise money for Comic Relief. Bloggers from all over the country and Ireland came together, most of whom had never met, and successfully raised £10,000!! Wooohooo what a result. I was very proud to have been a part of it all. So, when I discovered the fabulous Honkers were planning another event I couldn't refuse!

This year is Sport Relief so what better event than a national relay. Starting at Lands End a baton will be passed from county to county via dedicated volunteers until it reaches its destination at John o'Groats. This wonderful event is due to start on Saturday 11th January, so not long now! I am hoping we will raise more than last year. It is a great feeling to be part of something that can make such a huge difference to so many people.
So if you fancy joining in and raising money for a really worthwhile cause then hope over to TeamHonk website to find out more! If you want to help even more by sponsoring us then I will post that information next week when the team page goes live.

Here is our section of the route. Starting at Wellington and heading for the High Street in Dorchester where the lovely Sonya, who blogs at Rock n Roll Mum, will be waiting. At the moment there are just the two of us in the Somerset group so if any of you lovely readers would like to join in then please leave a comment below. Any distance you can do will be most welcome and the more rediculous the outfit the better! I have yet to deside on my attire but you will be the first know when I do!!

I'm off to seek out some crazeee clothes . Maybe my pink tutu from last year's mountain climb will get another airing.. Could be interesting as a friend just told me we are predicted to have snow tomorrow hahahaaa!! Now where did I put the sledge....?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Kat! A brilliant thing to do and I love the team spirit involved! Good luck, Team Honk! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!