Monday 24 March 2014

The Big Reveal...

I feel like the time is right to share our latest news. I have been putting it off for a while as I really haven't felt up to it at all but today feels different somehow. Today, for the first time in ages I am feeling more positive. More able to cope with all that is coming our way. So, what is our news...?

We are having a baby! Yes, we are adding to our madhouse once more. It is still early days and I know a lot of people choose not to share their news until they have reached the 12 week scan but I really feel the need to share all the ups and downs at the moment. 

Needless to say it was a bit of a surprise. Having just moved and trying to settle into a routine has been taking up most of our time and energy. After the boys had a tummy bug a few weeks ago, I naturally thought I had it too. After a week I still couldn't shake the sticky feeling. My husband noticed I was eating things like cheese and Apple together, something I only did in pregnancy so we decided it might be an idea to do a test. I honestly thought it would be negative so we sat in total shock for the evening when two pink lines popped up!

Over the course of the week I had been getting pains in my tummy which felt like Appendix pain. Until we did the test I hadn't worried too much about it but with the positive result I decided to get it checked out. I saw the Doctor who was very lovely and suggested given my medical history I should pop along to the hospital and have a scan just to make sure the pregnancy wasn't ectopic. Needless to say it was a very tense evening and I ended up having to stay in overnight. The possibility of surgery meant I wasn't allowed anything to eat which made the sickness a million times worse. By ten in the morning I was finally sent down for the scan...

7 weeks
I am very pleased to say our little bump is growing exactly where it should be and everything is fine. We have our 12 week scan in two weeks so I can't wait to see bump again and how much it has grown. 

I am linking up with Jaime from The Olivers Madhouse and her lovely Magic Moments linky.





I am also linking up with Whats The Story from the fab PODcast blog.


27 comments:

  1. Aw what lovely news. Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations to you all. If you need any help, you know where I am. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely many congrats to you . I am going to be a grandmother in June for the first time so exciting times ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know how I feel about this! I'm waiting to buy clothes haha so excited!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is amazing news :) Really hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly for you and look forward to reading more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations such happy news/reveal =)

    #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Massive congratulations, what wonderful news to share. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What brilliant news, a massive congratulations to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! So glad you're happy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congratulations Kat, such wonderful news. You must have been thrilled and a bit shocked too! Fabulous news. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Such wonderful news! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww Congratulations! Lovely news! So difficult to know when to share the news isn't it? Hope all goes well throughout :) xx #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well that is exciting news! Congratulations!! I hope you stop feeling sick soon and that all goes swimmingly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fab news. Congratulations. So looking forward to hearing how you get on over the next few months xxx #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations. I do hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many congratulations Kat, that is lovely news x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Kat, lovely news even if a little unexpected for you. How are you feeling now? Have you got ginger biscuits on stand-by?! Sending much love, hugs and strength xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. my lovely this is amazing news and as i said on Twitter this morning i am so so pleased for you!

    i cant wait to hear more about your pregnancy journey xx

    thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, congratulations!! :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful news Kat, I am so happy for you. Congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a brilliant magic Moment - thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing news congratulations on your new growing bump

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely little first picture! Congrats to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!