Wednesday 30 July 2014

Big Improvement

After my post yesterday complaining about the lack of care from the Dr and consultant I have been seeing, the rest of the day turned out rather well. This lifted my spirits no end!

In the morning, I had a visit from our social worker. She had come to pick up a letter from the mental health team as they hadn't sent her a copy. Mind you, they sent mine to my parents house, where I haven't lived for nearly 20 years so this doesn't surprise me!
She asked how things were going so I told her about the Doctor, amongst other things. She told me the Dr had written to her advising that I needed more support so she wasn't very impressed that she wasn't holding up her end of the job. She said she would ring the Doctor and find out if there was a problem with prescribing them for me. That made me feel much better, like she was really  on my side instead of just saying it. I like her.

I had a call from my midwife saying she was concerned about my iron levels from my blood test last week. She said she had sent a prescription over to my surgery so could I pick it up as soon as possible as she knows I have my hands full and doesn't want me to get worn out completely. Another wonderful, caring lady!

I managed to get some of the brambles out of the garden. Where we cleared the bottom of the garden for the yurt, all the weeds and brambles have taken it as an invitation and gone a bit crazy. I'll try to do a bit more today before it gets too hot, otherwise it will be back to square one again.

In the afternoon I had to take Squish to Bristol Children's Hospital to see the consultant about his legs pains (finally!). We were referred back in March, you can read more about it Here. With the help of the trusty Sat nav we made it through Bristol city and to the  hospital just in time.
The waiting room was amazing and totally geared to children. There were bright, cheerful murals on the walls and toys galore! I took a few quick pics of Squish as he was enjoying himself so much.





The consultant was a lovely chap, though unfortunately was losing his voice! He took a history of what the problem was. He took time to listen to Squish too as he kept interrupting with random facts about our house which made me giggle. He asked Squish to climb on the couch so he could examine him. He said his legs are the same length so there is no concern there. The range of movement is very good and his legs seem fine. He said he couldn't find anything that causes any concern and thinks Squish may be having growing pains.
He said there is some evidence that vitamin D helps some children so to give him multivitamins with vitamin D in it. He said to carry on with pain relief if he needs it and warm cloths can help with relief too.
He is going to see him in 6 months just to make sure the situation is improving not worsening. I can't tell you how relieved I am that my little man is ok. I kno someone who had all sorts of awful things done to try and lengthen one of their legs so I had all sorts of things running around in my head! The relief is massive!!

So there you go, all in all a pretty awesome day!

2 comments:

  1. So pleased all is well with Squish and finally you have some caring professionals who have got your back. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been a big relief. If it's any help I know of at least two children here in Ireland with unexplained leg pain, and I can imagine how worrying it must be (over from #R2BC) xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!