Sunday 7 September 2014

Hospital Dash....



What better way to start the weekend than with an emergency dash to hospital?! It's always better if you have people staying that you haven't seen for ages and have no idea this kind of crap is a fairly regular occurrence. For an added bonus, you can undertake this horrendous nightmare as the earliest possibility. Preferably before coffee, tea or anything else that may make you fully conscious and able to function!
This is what happened to me this morning. I think I got as far as putting the kettle on to make a coffee (another night of three hours sleep due to my knackered pelvis), when an ear splitting screaming errupted from the boys room upstairs. Realising Chaos was no longer in the other room I headed upstairs to find out what was going on.

The smell hit me before anything else. Squish was stood screaming with some sort of liquid all over him. Turns out Chaos had found a bottle of nail varnish remover and tipped it over Squish. He successfully got it in his eyes and mouth which is obviously what made the poor kid screaming. It must have stung like hell!!

I rushed him into the bathroom to wash as much as could off his face. I asked my (slightly bewildered) friend if she could pass me the bottle so I could follow the "In Case of emergency..." Instructions but there weren't any!

Grabbing a pair of trackies and my baby I rushed out of the house leaving my friend and Big to cope with Chaos. I was trying not to panic. Squish had calmed down by this time and was quite curious about where going so I talked to him all the way there, which luckily isn't far!

Once there we were seen quite quickly, probably due to the time of day. The cleaner hadn't even finished the floor when we arrived! A lovely nurse saw us and asked what happened. She put some dye in his eye and looked at it through a UV light to see if the surface of his eye was damaged at all. Luckily, she said it all seemed ok just irritated.




She then called the poison unit in Cardiff to check how dangerous the stuff was if ingested. She said a full mouthful or pure acetone would be dangerous but as he only had a bit and it was diluted he should  
be alright. She said if his eye becomes red, swollen or sore then I should bring him back. Also if he complains of tummy ache, is sick then I should also come back.

Luckily, he seems to be alright apart from sleepy. He had some lunch and is sleeping at the moment so I'm hoping he will be back to normal when he wakes up.


Although he has had a rough day today,  he did seem better after his sleep this afternoon. He was quite chirpy for the afternoon,  then seemed to conk out about tea time. Chaos made a little bed on the floor for them both, cuties! 

1 comment:

  1. I use my standard hashtag in situations like this #bloodykids! Glad he's ok xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!