Friday 12 September 2014

My 3Things...

Confessions of a Single Parent Pessimist

So another week has whizzed past and I feel like it's only been a couple of days! I suppose when a big event is coming ever closer the time seems to pass quicker if you don't think about it. I'm linking up with Claire from Confessions of a Single Parent Pessimist so nip over and have a browser. Even better, why not join in and share your successes with us?!
Things That Haven't Gone Well This Week

1. Yesterday I spent the day in hospital with suspected pre eclampsia. Quite a scary day but I had my Dad with me, thankfully. Everything is ok but I have to start taking things easy which under the current circumstances is going to be tough.

2. My washing machine packed up, typically ona day that I had been given a huge bag of baby clothes. Halfway through the first wash it packed up and spat water all over the kitchen. Amazingly, super Dad came to the rescue again and two days later a new sparkly machine arrived!! 

3. The other thing that I am struggling with at the moment is Big. He isn't eating or sleeping properly which makes him really moody. His room is a tip, even though it has just been decorated so I told him if he doesn't keep it clean and tidy I shall take everything out except his bed. Hmmm... Bit extreme maybe

Things That I Want To Focus On Next Week

1. I really need to sort out all the baby things as they seem to taking over the house slowly.

2. I'd like to organise the boys room too. As they have the biggest room, it has become a bit of a dumping ground and has various boxes of "stuff" that need sorting out and putting in the roof.

3. I really need to do less. This is a real tough one as there is less time and seemingly more to do. I am going to have to decide what is really important and what can wait until later. That won't be an easy task. 

Things That Have Gone Well This Week

1. Mr has arranged to have a shorter day on Wednesdays so he can see the boys in the week. I am pleased this was done without any arguments 

2. I have managed to sell the wheels that have been sat in the front garden since we moved and will use the money for the boys room.

3. I have managed to sort out 2yr funding for Squish. That means he will be in nursery for the same hours as Chaos giving me a much needed break. I will really miss my days with Squish though. 

Our weeks seem to be a bit like a roller coaster at the moment. I'm really looking forward to things settling down a bit as I'm not sure how much longer I can cope with all these little disasters! 

Hope you have a great week!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! The hospital must have been scary, very happy it wasn't pre-eclampsia, though I hope you get a chance to take it a bit easier on the run up to the big day.
    Great that the boys will be in nursery together / at the same time. Hoping Squish loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I am looking forward to having another day to myself. One just isn't enough to get everything done!
      I haven't done anything today and I don't feel a tad guilty! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hope your ok now after the hospital scare? And Yes please try and take it easy. (easier said than done i know)

    Dads!! arent they great!! my dad always comes to the rescue. Mine collected M yesterday while I had xrays on my knee!

    Massive hugs. always here if you need an ear? (oh that rhymes) lol.

    Sa xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xrays on your knee? Sounds painful. We all have dodgy knees so you have my sympathy.

      I am planning on doing very little in the next two weeks (2 WEEKS!!!!) other than get the ladys room ready and check I have everything she may require.
      Yup, my Dad is awesome! The fathers day post still has the most hits on here and i wrote it 1 or 2 years ago! :)
      Cheers, ears ha ha The same here of course xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh lord - my washing machine has just packed up too!… which is particularly awesome with a potty training toddler shitting her way through all the pants in the land… lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!