Friday 18 January 2013

Community Spirit



I thought my quote should follow the theme of the post. 
Guess what this one is about!

This is the view we woke up to this morning. 

Needless to say we had a snow day. Once the boys were in bed for their nap, I went out to see how bad the  hill was up to the main road. It was pretty bad so I set off to the grit bin with my bucket and spade.
3 hours later the hill out of our close was snow free and gritted. There were also three rather weary residents in need of warming refreshments! 


It was really nice that we came out to help clear the road for those less able. Maybe there were only a few of us but it made me feel good. 
Unfortunately, there is always one that has to spoil it. One resident decided to complain about where we had piled the snow we had cleared. He then went on to complain about where my car was parked as it wasn't in a marked bay. His car was parked next to mine, also not in a marked bay so I chose to ignore him in the interests of public relations! NOB!
As we used the contents of the nearest grit bin I am hoping we don't have to clear the street again tomorrow. The chances of them filling the bin anytime soon are slim to none.

I might try to fashion a sledge type thing tomorrow so I can take the boys round the village. Mind you, it is so bitterly cold I may just keep them indoors. Running about is one thing but going out and sitting in it is asking for trouble I think. 

Where ever you are in this vast white landscape, I hope you have fun and make THE most awesome snowmen EVER! 

1 comment:

  1. Well done you! And I haven't taken Syd out in it either- he just seems a bit small to get cold and wet! The big two have been out sledding tho!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!