Friday 18 January 2013

If Tomorrow Never Comes...


I can't tell you how poignant that saying is for me after this week. 

In the early hours of Monday morning, a very wonderful lady passed away.  Three weeks and two days before her 98th birthday. She had given up her home 50 weeks ago to move into a nursing home, a very tough decision to make. Being as independent as she was made it all the harder for her to give up her house of the past 50 years. 

Granny at my cousins wedding, she was 94

Here she is, that wonderful woman. My Granny. My Mummy's Mummy. My babies Great Granny. In March she would have been a Great, Great Granny too. 

She has 3 children, 7 grand children, 10 great grand children and 2 great, great grand children on the way.

This has been a tough week for all the family, as you would expect I suppose. 

I passed her home every day on the school run but didn't call in half as often as I would have liked. I was so pleased (somewhat selfishly) when she moved down here as I would be able to spend more time with her. As it turned out I didn't see her any more often than when she lived two hours away. 

Excuses? I don't have any that make a difference. 
I always called in when I didn't have the boys or if I just had the eldest, as the others would just cause havoc. 
I thought of her so often, but she never knew that. 
I should have rung her much more often than I did. 

The point of this post is to remind you not to make the same mistakes I did. Don't put it off today, ring them, call in, drop them a note. However you do it, tell the people you love that you love them

Don't wait until tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!