Thursday 22 August 2013

August Moon Day Two


Here I am, reflecting on the coming months with Kat from I Saw You Dancing. Please join in or hop over to Kats blog and read through some of the other enlightening posts.

Today, Kat provided a link to a wonderful and thought provoking blog called Effervescence written by Kylie. There are some great ideas if you need a few prompts for todays post. 

How Do You Intend to Transition into the New Season?

Autumn always seems to be a time for reflection for me. I tend to spend more time curled up at home, considering the events of the year and what is to come. I am the Chinese sign of the Snake and I think of this time as my hibernation before emerging in Spring refreshed.

This is a really tough time for all of us and I hope I am able to look back and feel proud of the way we have handled the situation. 
I hope I can continue to be understanding and not give in to negative emotions however hard things get. 
I hope I can set a better example to my boys by being more responsible with my time and energies.

6 comments:

  1. Hibernation is such a powerful thing. I love the slow, golden pace of Autumn.
    One thing you should always know: you have every reason to feel proud of what you are doing and what you have done. By loving those boys fiercely above all else, you are showing them exactly what a parent must and should be. They will be so proud and grateful one day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you think of Autumn (as hibernation). It is so great reading other peoples perspectives of things. Thanks for the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously, we are all thinking the same way - hibernation sounds wonderful if you are waiting for Winter.
    I am sure that your boys will see you in the light you want them to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will continue to handle your situation in a positive and understanding manner Kat. I'm with you on the setting a better example for my son when it comes to being more responsible with my time too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuddling up... sounds lovely. Just yesterday I told a friend I wanted to rent a cottage by the beach for a weekend to do exactly that. Just rest, alone, reflect and perhaps create... if I felt like it.

    My post today has a similar feel. Perhaps you will read it. (I'm somewhere around #10 on the linky)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am ready for fall hibernation and some major incubation! I like the goals you have set out for the coming season. :) ~Tui

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!