Wednesday 21 August 2013

August Moon Day 1


I am joining in with the beautiful Kat to reflect on the year so far. If you want to read more about this or sign up for email prompts, then visit Kats blog I Saw You Dancing.

Todays prompts are:

How have you treated yourself this year?
The start of this year was so different to how this year will end. At home, we are all smack in the middle of a transitional period. My husband has recently moved out and we are all still adjusting to life without him in it every day. The boys are doing a grand job, bless them. Chaos is finding it the hardest as hes very close to his Daddy and misses him greatly. I struggle to find the words to comfort him as I know there aren't any that will help or make it any less painful for him. All I can do is just be there. 

During this time I am trying to be kind to myself. I try to overlook the fact that the dishes aren't done every day, the washing is still in the machine and the whole place is a mess. I try to remind myself that I have to do the work of two now and there aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done. If that means I have to let it go for a while then so be it. At the moment getting us all out the house so I can get to work for 9am is proving a big enough challenge and it's one that frequently beats me. I'm sure with more sleep and organisation I will start to nail it more often than not (I hope!).



Have you kept your intentions?
I did make a few goals I wanted to achieve this year but with the changes that have occurred I no longer have the freedom or finances to achieve them. There are some that I have kept up with, like Postcrossing and writing to friends and family. I had a lovely letter from my German penfriend today which cheered me up no end. She also sent me a gorgeous African postcard which I love! 
I think for the rest of this year my goal is to remain wholehearted and true to myself. In the chaos that surrounds me it would be easy to lose my head....

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your blue moon musings, my friend. You inspire me, always.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet lady... I know you will fall asleep exhausted before you even make it to the bed at nights. I can only imagine how difficult it is now and overwhelming. But I can promise you -- it gets better. xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!