Tuesday 12 June 2012

My First Haircut

Today I did my first haircut. No, I'm not a hair dresser. I'm not even a trainee of hair or beauty. I am just a Mum with thick, long hair that got totally pi**ed off with it all so randomly hacked it off with the kitchen scissors! Wanna see? Then read on....

I don't know what happened today to trigger it. My hair is really thick and in this heat it makes my head a bit sweaty and itchy. Over the last few weeks I have been wandering round scratching leaving people to wonder whether a) I'm a leper and parts of my scalp are peeling off or b) whether I am habouring several colonies of small insects in my barnet. It is in fact neither (I checked for wildlife just in case!). Initially, I was that irate I was going to get the clippers on it but realised they would get jammed up with all this hair. That's when I decided to hack bits off so the clippers would go through it.



This picture was taken in 2009 but my hair is/was about the same length. I have more recent photos but as I always wear my hair up, it's hard to tell how long it is. 


So I started hacking....








Meanwhile....
Chaos had great fun playing with my off cuts and spreading them around the house!





 So this is the just hacked but unwashed look. See, nice and shiny - ugh!!






*Drum Rolls*
 This is the freshly washed 'n' cut sparkly new me!
Not a bad effort if I do say so myself.














Luckily for me, these photos dont show all the uneven bits. God knows what the back looks like but I don't have to look at it so happy days!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL brave woman, but good job! I know how it is sometimes. I a similar moment when I decided to cut off all my chemically straightened hair for a short crop afro 2 yrs ago. Your out come is much much better. I had to visit a mate to get it sorted out quick time, lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!