Wednesday 18 July 2012

Bake - A - Rama!

Now, as I'm sure you may have gathered I am not a culinary genius of any sort. This post is about to illustrate the fact beautifully! The reason why I am posting this baking disaster is because it is such a bloody marvelous idea and I love it. I wanted to share it with you as I'm sure in the quiet of night you will all whip our your blenders and have a bash at it! I will also post a "Here's what it should look like" pic at the end, for your amusement and my further embarrassment! Enjoy x

The idea is a Polka Dot Cake, not quite what we ended up with.


Chaos insisted on helping and ate a lot of the ingredients.


Pre zuzzed - the best this cake will EVER look!


I coloured some of the mix red, yellow and green to make the "polka dots"


I put them in a silicon tray and popped them in the oven


Meanwhile, Chaos enjoyed some more cake mix! 
Luckily I checked the dots after 5 minutes and found the silicon tray was not up to the job. 
It was desperately trying to hang on to the mixture as the heat got the better of it.

Damn it. Plan B


Here we have a batch of coloured, half cooked sponge dots.
Infinitly better than Plan A


Made a dotty pattern


Covered the dots with what is left of the cake mix (thanks Chaos!)


One cooked cake.


Ummmm......


OK, so you get the idea.
It was only a trial run AND I'm shit in the kitchen.
My husband cooks for a reason. 
That reason is - he wants to live!! 

As promised here is what I was (partially) aiming for
Not even close
Ha Ha  Haaa!


Check out this blog for more amazing, mouth-watering ideas! 

1 comment:

  1. *giggles* As somebody who bakes cakes far too often to be healthy I'd like to point out that my number one tip for great cakes is NEVER let anyone else help :P
    Yours looks alright though, considering most of it was in Chaos' tummy before it was cooked- bear in mind she has 3 layers, butter cream and pretty icing. Yours looks like the product of a nice afternoon in the kitchen :) Trying to make this better... Erm... You're not shit! :D x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!