Sunday 15 July 2012

The Frugal Family Tots100 #7

This is The Diary of a Frugal Family. They are joint 7th on the Tots100 list with Red Ted Art (which will be my next blog to view). A brilliant idea for a blog, to share money saving tips and ideas.

There are some great ideas on this blog that I am going to start doing straight away. The first one is to write a weekly to do list. At the moment I write a list of jobs that need doing with no deadline. Therefore, this list tends to roll over to the next day if I don't get everything done. Then the next day and the next....  So to do a list with specific jobs for each day sounds like the perfect solution to me! It also means that you only worry about the jobs on "todays" list rather than all of them at once.

As well as the About Me page and the PR and Contact details, there is a lovely list of over 40 recipes. Half are savoury and half are sweet. I haven't tried any of them yet but I certainly will as I feel particularly drawn to the carrot cake. I have just started doing a meal planner which is another suggestion on the site. I feel it has helped a lot with saving money on shopping. Now we  use the food we have rather than just buying the  things automatically.

There is another page with a list of links to other posts about money saving ideas. I have read several of these and they are easy and sensible options to follow. There are some brilliant Packed Lunch ideas for saving money. Some of which I will start doing here which involve baking and freezing.
A suggestion for Meal Plan Monday is to use whatever you have in to make your meals for a week. This is a great idea! My husband went shopping today for the all the meals on our weekly plan. Unfortunately, he didn't check what we already had so we now have too much food to fit in the freezer and two lots of things. I will definitely be doing a whatever we have in week this month!
I love the title How to be a Cheap Date! There are a lot of great ideas on here for spending quality time together AND saving money at the same time. It doesn't always have to be expensive and fancy. I must admit that my husband and I used to do a lot of the things on this list but have stopped for some reason. We should definitely start doing them again!
There are so many great posts I could tell you about them all if I'm not careful! Moving on...

The next page has the "C" word in it so be warned.... It is called a Frugal Christmas. Here you will find another list of brilliant posts suggesting how to save money over the festive season. I think it would be well worth your while having a look through this list before the end of year madness begins.

This is yet another blog I can highly recommend for lots of hints and tips that you may not have thought of. Make sure you visit it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!