Friday 6 July 2012

Steppin' Out With Ma Babies..

Today the sun was shining and it was toasty warm. The boys had both had a nap and lunch so I decided to take them out to the Animal Park. We haven't been for ages and they love it!

 This is a wonderful place with a great little cafe (with delicious cakes!). A lot of the people that work here are young adults with learning difficulties. They are all really helpful and very friendly. The cafe is packed on a Sunday with folk enjoying their roast dinners. The animal park is great to walk round with the kids and it's only £1 each to get in! You can buy some little bags of food at the entrance if you want to feed the animals, again £1 for three separate bags of rabbit, chicken and goat food.
 By the entrance are the rabbits. There are several who have had babies and these were the smallest. So cute! They were smaller than my hand. The mum was so hungry she came bounding over as soon as she heard the bag rustle. The babies had taken over the food bowl inside so I don't think she could get much.

 Next we came to the goats. Chaos loves the goats! He has no fear and asked for the food bag straight away. In fact, he had gone to see them while I was still looking at the rabbits! (Don't panic, it was only the other side of the path!) He loves how they lick the food out of his hands and keeps giggling saying "tickle, tickle". I love watching him with them. He does get upset when they start pushing each other out of the way. He says "No, no" and tries to stop them.
 Squish had front row seats and thoroughly enjoyed seeing everything. He was quite happy just watching from the safety of the buggy. Chaos has so much confidence and walks round like he owns the place!

Next we walked round to see the pigs. Chaos had a go at pushing the buggy but kept going in a straight line onto the grass. When I tried to correct the buggy, he kept saying "Mummy, no no no!" and trying to slap my hand away from the buggy. He has never done that before. Once I explained that he was pushing the buggy on the grass and I was just keeping him on the path he was fine but I hope it's not a sign of things to come!
The pigs...



 We pulled up some long grass from another paddock and gave it to the pig, who snaffled it up hungrily. She only had mud left in her paddock so I felt a bit sorry for her. They do make a flippin mess though!
 Squish had an encounter with a pony. He thought it was great that the hairy chap came over to him and he grinned like a Cheshire cat! Chaos came over but nearly had his fingers nibbled so he lost interest pretty quickly.


Next we came to the Geese. These make a lot of noise and honk constantly while you are by their fence. I was trying to get some close up shots of their beautiful blue eyes and they all started hissing or trying to peck the camera. I was quite pleased with the shots I did get.

 Unfortunately, while I was distracted by the geese, Chaos had found a bucket of water...
Yes, he was soaked! Luckily, it was warm enough for him to take his t shirt off and not get cold.

I love the colours on this Turkeys head. The photo doesn't quite capture them but it's still not bad.
Chaos decided to catch a ride on the front of the buggy until Squish got fed up and pushed him off!

My lovely little Squish Pot enjoyed his trip out. Grinning and chuckling at all the animals on the way round. He loves being out and about, bless him.

This owl has the most amazing eyes!


The Big One walked down to meet us after school so I got them all an ice lolly. I love this photo. I don't have many of them all together and this is a great candid shot. 

After their lollies we decided to head back so Chaos made a run for it across the car park...


The escapee was captured but not very happy about it! 
Time to go home for tea.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing this is a fairly new facility, as when I lived briefly in T/bridge 4 years ago, Southwick Park was just a nice place for a walk? Looks like a great place to take kids, pleased you were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!