Sunday 12 August 2012

Another Culinary Kat-astophe!

I really should learn to stay out of the kitchen as all my great ideas go horribly wrong! I have been searching high and low but couldn't find one. Eventually I gave in and tripped over to ebay where I purchased my much wanted Cake Pop Mould.. Yes, I hear you. Oh dear indeed....



Chaos waiting patiently to begin.


Sifting the flour


Our concoction pre mixing


Our coloured cake mix


All in the mould with only a little sampling from Chaos this time!


With the lid on ready for the oven

We had some mix left over so I made some other shaped cakes too


The cakes look ok but what about the cake pops??


Ummm...... Not quite right



Nope, definitely not right!


They were rather on the heavy side too and they haven't been eaten up so a definite fail!

I think the mixture was too wet so that's why they went wrong. I have bought some packet mix in the hope I can at least make some successfully before I work on the right recipe. 

Wish me luck and thanks for laughing looking!

2 comments:

  1. Kat

    Your cooking sounds a bit like mine
    hit and miss....

    Your little boy is such a cutie
    bet he enjoyed every minute
    and thought they all tasted delish!

    Isn't it lovely spending time doing things
    with them when they are small
    - enjoy
    it doesn't last long enough

    Have a great week


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your shaped cakes came out nice. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!