Friday 9 November 2012

My Husbands View of Me

I asked my husband some questions. Things have been a bit strained between us lately and I thought it might help to remember how we used to feel and be together and where the problem areas are. Doing this has reminded me of how great we are when we are a team. Here are his exact answers.


1. Describe the girl you fell in love with
The girl I fell in love with, wow, you were amazing, you knew how to make me laugh and smile. You knocked me off my feet, I was stunned! I'd built a defense blocking out love, because it would hurt when it collapses, but I fell for you! You're my only desire and I want you more and more each day! You were funny, positive, happy. Wild and free spirited, spontaneous. Most importantly, you were absolutely amazing! And you still are x

2. Has the age gap affected our relationship at all?
The age gap at first wasn't a problem, it still isn't really, but, it does show now, you have experienced a lot more than I have and more mature. I expect myself to be more than I am and can't always live up to it so I feel that I fail you

3. What are my best and worst attributes?
Best ones? You're smart, you've a great sense of humour you're patient (sometimes) you put up with all my crap. You make me feel better.
You're supportive with everything I do, even if you don't agree with it! You're very reliable, I can trust you with my life! But not on a time limit, you're always late haha

Worst? Stubborn, you moan about not having help then when its offered you tell me not to bother, does my head in!!! But that's you and I love every bit of you, you ask why I 'put up with you' its because I love you too much to let go, I don't see it as putting up with something, its just part of you and that's it x

4. What would you change if you could?
If I could change anything, it would be your mood swings and the lack of affection and intimacy our relationship has, slowly it's changing and we're getting better x

5. How have things changed with us since the boys arrived?
We can no longer do what we want at the drop of a hat, we're under stress and can't spend the time with each other anymore, its been filled by the boys, I love them to bits but I'd give anything for an hour with you, awake and nobody asking questions or pulling at our legs x

6. What do you think of Me as a Mum?
I think you're a brilliant mum, you give so much love to the boys, you're level headed and you're brilliant at handling them and fair, all 3 of the boys love you and think you're amazing and so do I!

7. What do you think i should/could improve on?
Improvements? Apart from the negative points above, I can't think of anything to improve on, just our relationship x

8. Where do you see us in 10 years time?
In 10 years? I hope to have gotten us out of the financial mess we're in, we'd have more security around us, I'm not after millions of pounds but I'd like to have enough money for everything and not worry all the time, I'd like the boys to be in a decent school, but also, learn something they want to learn rather than a forced curriculum, maybe a school which caters for everyone.

9. Describe the woman you're married to.
The woman I'm married to is the same woman I fell for 4 years ago just buried beneath depression and troubles which we're hoping to fix. You're not so happy anymore, whether its my own doing or not, I'll not give up to bring you back to the surface x

10. What would you like to do more of  if you could do anything?
If I could do more of something, it would be spending time with you, having fun again, being great x


Isn't he wonderful?! This man is unconditional love itself. He makes me feel ashamed of even thinking about giving up on us. He has never doubted our ability to succeed in our relationship and he is the strength that keeps us going when I fail. Just so you don't mistake him for Superman, he can also be a colossal pain in the arse, snores like a hippo with a cold and wears womens wigs! Still love him to bits though x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post and really heartwarming answers from your Husband <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kat (and your lovely hubby) you've made me cry. What a wonderful idea - great questions, and great responses xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. It really shines through just how much he loves you. You sound like a typical mum (OK, me!) who feels down and angry sometimes, wants some help around the house, sometimes takes it out on her other half. It's lovely to know that he sees through all that, to the real person who's still underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very courageous to post this with such honesty. Recognise that you still are that woman he fell for but life has got in the way a bit but you wouldn't have it any other way really, would you? Depression is a curse and so hard to climb out of. Tough on those going through it and hard on those who care for them.
    You have someone special in your corner. So does he.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!