Sunday 9 December 2012

Bath Christmas Market

On Friday afternoon, my husband took charge of the little ones so I could have some well earned me time (and try to find him a wonderous gift he would adore for Christmas!). After wandering the shops in town for an hour I dashed over to pick up Big from school. Driving through the gates I had a marvelous idea.....
I don't often get to spend much time with Big on his own any more, let alone go anywhere with him (other than Asda). I asked him if he fancied going to Bath Christmas Market right then, with his old Mum. So as not to totally overwhelm me with his enthusiasm he said "Yeah, ok"
For those not well aquainted with Tweenager speak, that is a big positive as it didn't involve hesitation, texting, any discussion or the words "Maybe" and "Dunno".

We chatted about what we wanted to get for the family (Sorry hubby, no spoilers here!) and decided on a burger as the first stop. On parking, Big got out of the car in his Tshirt. The dopey tart had only forgotten his coat! In December!! So he wore my fleece as my coat was a definite No Go, bless him. So, with burgers in hand we followed the feet....


I don't go to Bath that often as I'm a bit of a country girl and find crowds of people hugely overwhelming. On the odd occasions that I do go I visit M&S for a fresh batch of undies. Obviously Big had NO intention of accompanying me inside so I dashed off with the promise f not being too long.... FAIL!!
I ran about, tried on, had 3 ladies searching for matching items, paid and legged it down the escalator feeling rather pleased at the speed of my achievement. I was greeted by a blue handed Big who said "40 bloody minutes" through chattering teeth. Normally, I would have pulled him up for swearing but this time I didn't have the heart. I apologised profusely and asked why he didn't stand inside the door. He didn't want to miss me if I went the other way out. Love him. 
We popped in a novelty shop so he could warm up a bit and he told me about a couple with their dog. Apparently, they had tied the dog to their buggy and gone into the toy shop (with the baby) leaving the dog ad buggy outside. No, the dog didn't pull the buggy over as I had assumed. Instead to chilly pooch consumed all the Christmas chocolates and specialty cheeses that had been lovingly placed in the basket under the buggy! The Mr was not amused that his goodies had gone to the dog. Big chuckled about this most of the way round the market. 
As we rounded the corner this was the sight that greeted us. Isn't it pretty?! I love Christmas lights. They brighten even the darkest, miserable nights. (The pictures are from my phone so not great quality)



There are so many lovely stalls with wonderful crafts. Some are handmade, others machined but all are stunning and I wanted to buy something from the majority of them. Due to lack of funds, I was quite restrained.... for a change! 

This is the Abbey all lit up and looking wonderful. It is such a great backdrop for the market too. It cuts out some of the windchill which is also great.


I did buy a lamp shade for the landing. t is orange and looked amazing in the stall but with the energy saving bulb it has taken on a slightly more "seedy" appearance. I have found another light bulb that I hoping will look much less red! I got a yellow one for the boys new room too so I shall seek out another bulb for their room too.


Every year there is a huge Carousel on the main High Street which looks amazing all lit up. It really makes for a real festive outing so it's well worth going even if you just have a wander round. We had a lovely time and Big enjoyed getting a little bit spoilt too. I miss spending time with him so will make more effort from now on!



5 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, not sure what you are doing differently, but the only image to show up for me is the big red star lampshade, the rest just say " view IMG-. . . ..jpg in slideshow" and when I click, nothing is there. Dont know if its the same for others?
    Pleased you enjoyed your trip to Bath.
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bath, was trying to get up there this year to meet up with Lady Curd and go to the market, but schedules, kids and ill health scuppered that plan, will pop up in the New Yer anyway tho! Glad you had a good time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! I'm glad to hear you had a brilliant time with Big :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really allow it to become appear really easy as well as your presentation,
    on the other hand are getting the following make any difference to generally
    be in fact the first thing i always experience I would personally hardly ever recognize.
    Seems like as well difficult as well as substantial
    in my opinion. I’m taking a look ahead on your upcoming
    weblog, I am going to try to receive the hang than me!
    Feel free to surf my web blog Genital Warts Cure

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!