Friday 22 March 2013

A Student - Again!!

Yes, that's right. A student! I have signed up for some "work based learning". It is a modern apprenticeship doncha know?! I have to be honest, I love learning. I could be a perpetual student as I can't get enough of it. I feel like my brain turns to mush if I don't feed it some regular, challenging stimulation. 12 piece jigsaws don't quite cut the mustard!!

I have signed up to do a NVQ level 3 in Customer Services. My assessor came in yesterday to run through the basics and choose which modules I am going to do. Typically, I have chosen several really challenging ones. Well, no point if I'm not going to stretch myself is there?

I have to do an online Maths and English assessment too. I am a little worried about this as I am pretty hopeless when it comes to tests. That's why I have always done practical courses with ongoing assessments whenever I can. I am sure in a year I can get myself up to scratch if I work at it.

I am looking forward to getting stuck in. One of my tasks is to collect customer feedback and produce a report on strengths and weaknesses. Then suggest practical suggestions for improvements in these areas. It is going to be quite a challenge as I have read some of the comments and the odd one or two are quite critical. Most I am pleased to say are very complimentary. I haven't had a chance to look through the comment cards at work yet but I'm sure they will lean towards the positive as well.

I love where I work and all the people who are there so I want to make sure all our customers enjoy their experience too. I was very surprised by how strongly I felt when I read the negative comments. I was quite shocked and then quite offended. How could they have had such a negative opinion? When I thought more about it, I totally understand. They came on a crazy Sunday lunch with a packed restaurant and part trained staff (me!). I feel very strongly about changing their opinion and hope to get the opportunity to invite them back for a complimentary visit, (management agreeing of course!) we shall see. I will be interested to see if I have a positive influence on customer comments over the coming year. I really hope so for my own self esteem and the reputation of my work place. I shall keep you posted so watch this space!

I have added this post to a fabulous new Linky so pop over and read some more posts that need some lovin'

Post Comment Love

9 comments:

  1. Good for you for challenging yourself and good luck with your course and making things better for customers where you work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've received some of the best customer service when I've been invited back after making a complaint - totally changed my opinion of the establishment in question and is far more likely to produce repeat business. Hopefully your management will agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stuff, I love your new approach ver the past few months- grabbing every challenge and opportunity- you are quite the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic! I love learning and every few years i go back and do some more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you for going back to studying, not sure I could manage that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I couldn't go back to learning now, good luck with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to hear when someone does really care about customer service - we are all customers, after all!! Good luck with the studying, you def have the right attitude for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your fabulous, supportive comments. I think I have really set myself a challenge this year so we shall see how I get on x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you are a great customer service person with that attitude and I'm sure you'll do great with the course. Good luck with it all & look forward to seeing how you get on. Thank you so much for linking up to #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!