Wednesday 4 September 2013

First Day Back

Well, the summer holidays are definitely over. I feel disappointed that we didn't do all the things we had planned to do. I feel sorry that I don't get to spend time with Big so much any more. Even when I do the little ones always take up most of my attention.
Anyway.....

My favourite photo of Squish and Big
 I dropped my little man off this morning on my way to work. I say little.. He's 5ft 8 now. He's grown just over an inch since the end of June. How old? Only 13. He looked so smart in his (slightly over sized) new school blazer. I feel like the years are whizzing by and he will have left home any minute.
I look at him sometimes and can't believe how much he has grown. He is such a lovely boy and I'm so proud of him. I couldn't have wished for a more wonderful son. Don't tell him I said that though, it's soooo embarrassing!

He's my little buddy. We used to go off to do all sorts of stuff when he was little. Just the two of us. I miss having that time with him. He has been such an easy kid to parent, I have been incredibly lucky. He is full of wisdom and, at times, comes out with the sort of advice you would expect from your parents. He also has a great sense of humour with perfect comic timing.

Seriously?!
He has just been telling me that he will be getting his new cadets uniform in a couple of weeks. He has to wait a bit longer because they are changing it. Instead of the regular green combats he will be having some different ones. I have to be honest and say I'm dreading the day he comes home in uniform. He's my baby and that is something I never wanted to see, My Dad said it has nothing to do with me if he wants to join the Army. I wouldn't stop him at all but I really hope he doesn't go on to join the Army. I don't think I could bear it!



Big was about a year old in this photo. He was looking very serious that day. We were up at the yard after walking my horse. He used to love going up there. He used to sit on Monty while he ate his food and he looked like a pea on a mountain! Happy days :o)


This photo was taken during a trip to Scotland a few years ago. I wasn't there but I like this photo. Its just typical Big. Laid back and smiling. Love this boy to bits x

2 comments:

  1. He looks like a great little / big boy: a credit to his mother. Great photos, especially the silly photo with the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic chap he is. I adore that photo of Big & Squish - it's brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!