Sunday 6 October 2013

A Booty and A Field Fire!

I thought I would show you our day in photos. I keep missing all the fabulous photo linkies so I thought I would just do my own pic-post for a change. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!

We went off to the boot sale this morning to get some bacon and a coffee table. I had decided not to spend more than £10 on the table as it wasn't really a necessity.

I am trying to limit my spending and also to try to teach Chaos that we aren't going to buy every brightly coloured toy that takes his fancy. I told him in the car that we were only going for bacon and a table. He was brilliant! He didn't ask for anything and the only time he cried was when I tried to stop him looking at something. I explained he could have a quick look at the truck but we weren't going to buy it as we had one at home. He had a look and decided his was better so left it without a fuss. Definite progress!

We talked about the different tables we saw and which ones we liked. We decided to get the first one we saw and haggle a bit as it really wasn't worth £10. I noticed another slightly lower table on the opposite stall so went over to have a look. It was much more the height and size I had in mind although it had a few nails poking out. "£5 for the table, love" floated over my shoulder. DONE! There was also a lovely little foot stool sat on top of it. £6 as it is apparently 1930's and a little unusual. I offered him £10 for both and he happily accepted. Happy days!

We popped our goodies in the car and headed off. I did want to get some turf for the mud patch in the garden. I popped in to the place we got the last lot and unfortunately they only cut it once a week now so we missed out this week. Home for a bacon butty then!

On our way home we saw a fire engine in a field. It was close to our house and opposite the back lane so I whipped round the block so the boys could watch the firemen at work from a safe distance. I think a round bale had caught on fire and they were just making sure it was out. As we pulled up they were loading several pitch forks onto the truck and a few other bits of kit.


Once they were all in it was back to the station. The boys were squeaking with excitement as the engine reversed right next to us and the fireman seeing it back waved and said "Hello". Bless them. George asked if Sam was there but I thought he had the day off today..


Back to the station for a bacon butty and a nice cup of tea! 


Once we were home we unloaded the car and brought our treasures in. I got in with cooking the bacon and the boys made use of the stool and table...



Squish looking adorable as ever



The table and stool in its new place. We all know they won't stay there for long though don't we?!    


As for the wine rack, it looks like it was made to measure doesn't it?
I had had a chat with Big a few days earlier about the amount of junk we have lying about the house and my desire to have a tidier place. One of his suggestions was a wine rack to store our ever increasing amount of juice bottles. I thought it was a great idea so, when I spotted one I made from similar wood to that in the kitchen, I got it for a reasonable £2. I wonder if he will notice when he comes home later?

Boot sales are wonderful things full of hidden treasures. These came to the grand total of £12 and we had a great trip out to boot (pardon the pun!) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just passing by your site to see something that will interest me and luckily you impressed me with your great article and I have a great time reading everything that is written. I'm looking forward to see more of your write-ups. If you have time you can also visit my site which indicated below.

    trishia

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!