Monday 7 October 2013

Pure Joy

I am joining in with 45 days of Joy with Hopeful World. I haven't had much time lately, to think about all the things that make me grateful or joyous. I think it is about time I started to think on it a little more as I feel myself getting stressed very quickly these days. Life whizzes by so fast, it is worth taking a few moments a day to appreciate the good and joyous moments.

Yesterday I spent the day with my littles. Just me and them. I can't remember the last time I did that. If I'm totally honest, I can't remember the last time I wanted to do that with how tired I have been feeling lately. I love them to bits by my they are hard work!

Yesterday was great. There were only a couple of occasions that I raised my voice which was amazing as they have both been testing me to the limit lately. We had a walk round the boot sale in the morning. Squish sat quietly in the buggy and Chaos was an angel walking with me in his reins. I think he only screamed twice but the looks he got from an older gentleman hushed him up pretty quickly!

After an after noon in the garden my little Chaos came in and asked sweetly for a biscuit and a juice. He then came back and asked for a juice and biscuit for Squish. CUTE!!

As I was making myself a juice I happened to glance out of the window to see this...


Seeing them like this brings me pure joy. They sat there for a good ten minutes. I'm not sure what they were chatting about but they were babbling away to each other. Beautiful

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kat, I got goosebumps reading it! Kids are hard work and I love this idea of finding joy - often difficult if we aren't taking note of it. Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had totally forgotten that ours days used to be so enjoyable. How sad is that. On the other hand it has been the most wonderful rediscovery! xx

      Delete
  2. That's beautiful; it's moments like this that make this parenting thing worth it isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kat this sounds wonderful - I'm doing a similar (but shorter) thing in a course with Brene Brown (who I think you would really appreciate too) right now - photographing the moments in my day that bring me joy - and it's amazing how that brings more joyful moments with it - as soon as you become aware of them, there seem to be more of them. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!