Thursday 6 August 2015

What We Got Up To In Week Two

So, how are we all coping with the holidays? We are halfway through week three now. I am honestly surprised at how well I'm managing. Don't get me wrong, I've had days that have made me want to bang my head on the wall repeatedly. On the whole though, so far so good. 
I had a rough day on Monday. I think everything got on top of me and just tipped me over the edge. I felt so exhausted, I just couldn't cope and ended up in a mess on the floor. 

Tuesday was a different story. I was up early as I had to pack for our camping trip. Hoping I wouldn't get another anxiety attack, we headed off to the Children's Centre to meet everyone. 


We had an amazing time. The boys really enjoyed it. They made pizza, cakes and cookies. Helped with a campfire and toasted marshmallows. Fed the ducks and went pond dipping. Went to the park, played, ran and laughed. They got so much out of the trip, it was brilliant. It was nice to get home to a warm bed on Thursday though! 

On Friday we went to Westonbirt Arboretum with some friends.


The boys had a great time racing about in the fresh air. I think it finished them off after their camping trip as they slept all the way home! 

On Saturday, I did a paper round for Big as he was still away in Scotland. I quite enjoyed it really. Then I took my little lady to my Dads for the day. I picked up two friends and we headed off to Cardiff for a long awaited Spa day! 
It was great, chattering away on the drive down. We had some lunch when we arrived. Then we changed for a dip in the pool.


It was bloody freezing so we didnt do much more than dip to be honest! We did manage to squeeze in the jacuzzi which was blissfully warm. 
We had each booked two treatments. I was having a back and shoulder massage and a facial. The massage was amazing and made me realise just how many knots I have in my shoulders! It was so nice to fully relax and not worry about what the boys were doing or if little lady would cry. 
The facial was nice too. My skin felt great but all the lotions bring me out in spots (I have a very low maintenance skin care routine = non existent!). I think I would have a pedicure if I went again. I love having my feet massaged!

Sunday was relaxing too as the boys were out with their Dad. I managed to catch up on some housework and had a laugh at Eastenders! A great end to the hectic week. 



1 comment:

  1. Week 2 sounded fun! I salute you for camping out with the little ones glad you had fun! Did you get any sleep though?! Jealous of the spa looks lush. I love giving foot massages ask me next time lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!