Thursday 22 March 2012

Morning Madness.... (Day 22)

Today just goes to prove it doesn't matter how much you plan something you can't control the variables. They always have other ideas! Those variables are my lovely boys...

I knew this morning was going to be a bit chaotic but as usual it was worse than anticipated. Having woken up late I realized my husband had already left for work. Squish was crying for some milk and Chaos was unusually quiet. I took Squish down to feed him in the hope I could sort him out while Chaos was asleep. The Big One got up and started getting ready so I knew I wouldn't have long! I sorted Squish out and was just about to get Chaos when there was a horrible noise followed by an awful smell. Squish looked very pleased with his creation which required a change of clothes, brilliant!! Chaos came down obviously hungry so we sat at the table with a selection of cereals (anything to get food in to him!) and watched Timmy Time. We usually have a leisurely breakfast and this morning it showed. He was soooo slow it was painful to watch! He had half a weetabix and a bowl of weetos so not a bad effort. While I was getting some clothes on him the Big One announced he would get in trouble for not having his PE kit. He said he couldn't find his top and his shorts were in the wash... GRRRRRRRRRR!!! This is why I keep telling him to do it the night before. Off I ran to find the stray items. Somehow we were all in the car 5 minutes later and we got to school with 10 minutes to spare... Miracles do happen!! With him dispatched to his place of learning, I set off for the local park and spent a happy hour playing stick with my girl in the sun and chatting shit to Chaos while Squish slept peacefully. Heaven!

Amazingly, Chaos has had a bottle of milk and gone to bed straight away! I'm now lying on the floor cooing with Squish while I type. My super Dad is picking the Big One up from school then coming over to get the dog. I don't know what I'd do without him sometimes, he's awesome! I should really be tackling the mountain of washing up, hanging up the wet washing or packing but I just need a bit of a breather before the next mad rush.  A nice bag of jellies would go down really well right now but somehow I have run out! I do have a chocolate muffin though so that will have to do for now. I'm quite surprised that I feel quite chilled out today. I thought I would be in a mad panic but I'm ok so far. It's probably because I am refusing to think about it until the actual moment when I start packing. I know that is going to set the old ticker going. I suppose it gives the butterflies something to beat their wings in time to!

2 sleeping babies so no need to lie on the floor, hurrah! Ok so I really should get on with stuff while they are asleep. What to do first though? I think I will get all our stuff together ready to pack first then worry about the housework after. I really must find my packing list! I charged up the camera battery last night so if you're lucky I might put a pic of my gorgeous babies on here in my next post. They are going to look amazing tomorrow. They are so lush I could squeeze them til they pop!  I have checked the weather and it's mostly sunny for the next few days so that's a relief.

Hark at me! I'm just babbling now so I'm going to stop putting it off and start packing.
Wish me luck folks and I'll catch you on the other side.
Oh and get out in the sun.. No shadows out there! :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!