Monday 2 April 2012

Motivation on Monday #1 Revised edition!




Motivation on Monday at Kat Sighs



Welcome to the first Motivation on Monday post!









This is really a reason for me to focus on something positive on a Monday morning, rather than feel the coming week looming large and lonely in front of me. As with all my posts, I hope it gives you a little lift to help you make it through the day. If you want to join in the blog hop that would be amazing and I would love to hear what motivates you.

Have a great day!


This is one of my favourite photos. I took it on the plane to Belfast in 2008. I planned a surprise trip for my husbands birthday, just the two of us. It was amazing!





It makes me feel optimistic (a bit warm and fuzzy too). 
The dawn of a new day, full of possibilities.
The sky is the limit!

Ok, now I have thought about this during the morning and although I love this photo and the memories associated with it, it doesn't actually motivate me. The things that motivate me are what makes me get up and DO something. At the moment there are 2 things that motivate me and they are 


Bloody Gorgeous!!
1) My absolutely wonderful guys, all 4 of them. They are my reason for everything. I love them all more than words. 


My husband is the only person in the whole world who has made me want to settle down and have a family. He is the reason I want to be the best I can be. I want to make him proud and happy and give him the world which is all he deserves. Being with him makes me a better person and I can't thank him enough for that. 


My Three Wonderful Boys!


My boys mean the world to me and I would move heaven and earth for each of them. Nothing is too much. They have made me realise the strength of my resilience and the power of unconditional love. 
I am so lucky to have them.






2)  Watching people suffering, especially children. I was watching sport relief and couldn't help crying. It is heart wrenching to watch all those children and their parents struggling to survive. I was inspired watching John Bishop and his week of hell. What an amazing achievement and to raise 1.6 million pounds is outstanding! 
I have been to South Africa and although the poverty there is not as bad as other parts of Africa, it really brought it home to me how much we take for granted. We are so very rich in comparison, it's embarrassing.
It is this that has made me want to do my own challenge to fund raise for Unicef. To find out more about the work they do Click Here I would really love to make a difference to these children and I hope you do to. Please check back once my fund raising page is up to find out what we are up to and make a donation. 







2 comments:

  1. I had hoped to find some witty quote to join in today but today was quite busy. So I'll share a saying that's quite well known, ' Nothing ventured nothing gained.' I've adopted that as my mission statement for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great mission statement! Thank you for stopping by and all your great comments. It's wonderful to hear what people think of my daily doodles and taking the time to comment means a lot, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!