Monday 2 April 2012

Positively Monday.... Day 32

Today is the launch of Motivation on Monday (MoM) blog hop. I am waiting in anticipation to see if anyone joins in. I am also curious to see if the thing actually works as I'm not computer literate by any means. I have spent many hours staring at HTML codes trying to fathom out why the badges I made didn't work. I have compared my links to other peoples links and worked it out from there. This is the end result so I hope that
a) It works!! and b) you enjoy reading the posts and taking part.

What a day yesterday. I'm glad today seems a bit better so far. Poor Chaos had a bad night. His temperature kept going up and down peaking at 38.7 C I was trying hard not to get panicky so had a bit of a cry and got it together again. We slept downstairs as he just kept crying and I didn't want him waking everyone up. Needless to say I'm now shattered, a bit shaky and slow. On a positive note Chaos has had a cup of juice, a bowl of weetos and a quarter of toast, (He hasn't eaten in 3 days) WOOHOOOO!!! He is now in bed asleep so I'm hoping he will be back to his normal chaotic self anytime soon.

I am going to have to sit down with The Big One and plan what we can do for the next 2 weeks. We live in a village and there isn't much excitement for a 12yr old, especially when your mates live 7 miles away.
I know I don't talk much about him. He has just hit the point where I am the most embarrassing person on the planet and I worry in case his mates find this and take mick out of him for his Mum being a nutter. He gets really anxious about things so I would hate to make it worse for him.
Having said that, he has a girl friend and is worried about eating in front of her. He said he doesn't know why. He also doesn't want to get fat (ARRGH!!) I can't believe how quickly my little boy has developed into a teenager with all these worries to cope with. He is mature for his age in some respects but my head is spinning, quite honestly! I'm not sure how to cope with the eating thing other than not making a big deal out of it to him (even though it worries me to death!), try to get him eating sensibly at home and just be really grateful he still feels he can talk to me about stuff. He is an amazing guy and I love him to bits. He's been at his Dads since Friday and I really miss him when he's not here. I don't feel complete somehow. Last night I told him I was glad  he was home as I'd missed him. He just laughed and pulled the duvet over him in an "aww shucks"  kind of way. Bless him!

Fund raising has been on my mind a lot over the weekend. I have been trying to work out what to do. My husband has said he is going to do it with me which means a lot. I'm sure we can spur each other on when the going gets hard. We are going to do a sky dive which will be amazing. We are going to run, canoe, swim and cycle we just have to work out how far we are going to do each thing. Swimming is definitely going to be a mile relay. A mile is 64 lengths of a 25m pool! That is plenty for me, I struggle to do 2 in a row at the moment. I realise we will be training but we have to be realistic. Neither of us have much spare time so it will be a challenge but not impossible. My knees can't cope with much running so that will probably be 5km I would think. The canal towpath is an obvious choice so we don't have to cope with hills! There is a stretch of canal near us with no locks so we could paddle up that and back. I have just had a look and it is about a 4 mile stretch with a canoe hire place at either end... Perfect! We will definitely have to work out our plan soon as I'm very keen to get started. My daily walks with the boys and the dog are starting to include a few hills to get the old ticker going. I'm also cutting down on the jellies, I'm fighting my addiction every single day!!

I'm going to go and do some (long overdue) house work before we are all buried under the piles of washing currently occupying all surfaces and chairs! A bit of washing up wouldn't go a miss either. Still, I won't bore you with my to do list, I'm sure you have a list of your own (to avoid teehee).

Happy Motivated Monday folks! Shadows? What shadows?!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    sounds like the little one is on the mend, hope you managed to do some of your To Do list today and can get some sleep tonight.
    Good luck with the fundraising. I did a skydive a few (a lot!) of years ago, and would love to do it again, but with a back injury, not related, I'm guessing it won't happen.
    Nikki

    p.s. I find the font a little difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki,
    I generally blog until the boys wake up so I never get far on any to do list! I will try to find a more user friendly font, I know what you mean xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!