Friday 11 May 2012

11 May Blog Challenge





My 15 Favourite Things

I have taken this to mean objects that I love. I haven't included food or activities or I would be here forever!

Here are my favourite things in no particular order.

1. My camera. I sold my SLR to get a pocket sized point and shoot. I made the right choice as this one is better than the old one and as it's smaller I carry it with me more often.

2. My laptop. It is so much quicker than the pc and I am the only one that uses it. It is my connection to the world and love spending time writing to people, loading up and editing photos or blogging.

3. Our garden! I love having our own patch of grass again and a space for the kids to play safely. I can't tell you how much I have missed being able to sit out in the evening after the boys are in bed. It always makes me feel so much better after being outside.

Ummm.... Stuck now. Will have to go away and think for a while. I want to put my boys and my dog but they are not things.

I have been thinking about this all day and thought of another thing...

4. The car. I love having the freedom to go anywhere at anytime I like. It is truly a luxury I take for granted. I love being able to zoom around the countryside taking in the views.

5. My plants. They have all been given to us by friends or family and now we are in a house we are staying in I can plant them in the garden. I will be taking them with us if we do move, they are too special!

6. My BED! We have feather pillows and duvet which is the best thing in the world to snuggle up in. I wont go back to a normal duvet if I can help it, it's just too yummy. I found getting up a real struggle when we first got it!

7. My Disney pyjamas. I got them last year and they are my absolute favourite item of clothing! They are plum coloured fleece with white mickey mouse heads on them. They are really hot to sleep in so I just slob around the house in them if I'm not going anywhere.

8. My Cat boots. I bought them for my birthday last year and they are delicious. I love them!


Damn!
Just when I thought I was on a roll I'm stuck again! I'm not a very materialistic person so most of the things I value are sentimental. I think that's why this is hard.

9. I love our pictures and photos. We have framed photos all along the hall and up the stairs. On one wall we are going to do a photo mural of all our favourites as there are so many. I also love the walls in the boys rooms. I am really looking forward to decorating our room (and the rest of the house), I love decorating. I am currently trying to design a mural for the boys room (inspired by Natalie's beautiful wall) to include a Tiger and a Rabbit. I do love the walls they have now though, especially the boys room.
                   
          This is the Big Ones room.          This is the boys room.

10. My husband bought me a necklace with a heart on it. He had it engraved with "Ti amero per sempre". It is Italian for I will always love you. We booked a holiday to Italy when we first got together but my husband wasn't allowed time off work and we couldn't alter the booking so we lost a holiday. Would have been our only one abroad too :( Booo Mercedes Benz!!
I also keep my wedding ring on the chain too. Since having the babies it keeps falling off and I would be mortified if I lost it! (Especially after losing the diamond out of my engagement ring!) Everyone keeps saying I should have it adjusted but it wouldn't be the same ring to me. I want to keep it exactly how it was the day I said "I do".


Blimey, 5 more to go. Erm....Think I might take a breather and come back. My head is starting to hurt!

11. Stitch and Devil Stitch. When the Big One was 5 years old, I went on a conservation course for a month in South Africa. Leaving my baby for a whole month was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Before I went we were in the Disney Store and we bought Stitch and Devil Stitch. We said we would take them with us everywhere while we were apart so we would always be together in a way. I have photos of Stitch all over the place. He even came on our Honeymoon! We had to save him from this crocodile made of tyres too.
I still take mine if I go away without the Big One, he is too grown up for that now though.



12. I have a new game on the PS3 called Mini Ninjas and I am really enjoying it. I don't play on there much as I'm not a fan of shooting/fighting/racing games. That doesn't leave much else. I play the kids games. Meet Hiro...  This is my Mini Ninja! It's great, there are no gory scenes. The Samouri turn into rabbits or frogs if they die. I also like playing Lego Indiana Jones. All the lego men just fall apart if they get shot at. My husband plays it too sometimes although he usually plays 007 oo Modern Warfare type things. He does it so we can play something together :)

13. On our Honeymoon I made a wooden mushroom on a traditional wood lathe. I am very proud of my little mushroom and would love to try turning something else one day. My husband made a heart out of metal. The guy teaching him was so impressed at the symmetry he got him to brand his bench with it! It took him hours but it was well worth it. He is flippin' gorgeous too, even if I do say so myself! :)

          

Ok. I am going to think about the last two over night as I'm really stuck now!


14. My Ipod. I love having the songs I love all in one place. I like all sorts of music so it's great to have a selection. It's better than having to get the whole CD too as I usually only like a few songs on it!

15. And finally.... Letters. I LOVE getting letters. I realise it is a thing of the past and it takes a while to find some paper and a pen but that is what makes it so special. I love cards too that I can put up. They remind me of the sender when I look at them. A great friend of mine now lives in NZ and I miss her so much, there is nothing better than getting a letter from her on my mat x

I'm looking forward to reading about your favourite things





6 comments:

  1. Great list and love the artwork in the boys rooms. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - love the huge pictures in the boys rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your boys rooms very arty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun list! I love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. And that is an amazing heart! And the mushroom is too cute! I love mushrooms and have several myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to think of 15 on the spot...isn't it? I love those boots!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!