Monday 18 June 2012

Our New Flexi-Bath!

We are the new owners of a baby camping bath! We do a bit of camping in the summer and this being the first time we will be going with tiddlers I thought a portable bath would be preferable to a hose pipe or a bucket!

Forgetting it was coming, I had a nice surprise when a large parcel arrived. With chaos to help, I opened our package.

Checking through the note on the box, it seems like common sense. Don't leave kids alone, don't stand up as they may slip, don't overfill or lift when full, use plug to empty, that sort of thing. 


Having got through dinner a bit earlier than usual we decided to try it out. Squish was first up and seemed very interested!


I was a bit concerned that the clip to hold it shut seemed quite flimsy. You can see the white stress line here and that was as soon as we opened it. Hope it lasts a wee while.


As you can see Squish Pot loved playing in it. This is the first time he has sat up in the bath on his own too. Unfortunately, he did slip and due to the bath being quite narrow (washing basket size) I had a struggle to get him out but no harm done. 


Chaos also loved his very own little bath, as you can tell by his face! The picture on the box had 2 children sat in it but there is no way my two would fit in there together (see top photo). I don't know if that is more to illustrate the age range, which is 0-4yrs.


The next day the bath cam into its own. I wanted to do some painting with Chaos for fathers day so after getting everything ready, I put the bath on a towel in the same room. This was great as we ended up doing hand prints and foot prints. Once he had finished painting, Chaos came over and washed himself off in his bath, Happy Days!!


He still had a grubby face though!


All in all our little flexi bath has been a great success. I have also used it as a washing basket which was great. Some of the clothes were left in it overnight and were a bit smelly the next day ( I now know why washing baskets have holes ha ha!). Chaos has also put a variety of his toys in it and hidden under it so it is definitely a hit from his point of view. It will be great for a bit of water play as well.

My overall opinion is it's a great little bath and has stood up to the Chaos testing method very well!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks ever so much for reviewing the bath for it, and glad to hear you found so many uses for it already!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!