Tuesday 19 June 2012

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed

What a gorgeous day! The sun is out, I've managed to get the washing on the line, the boys are asleep so I have the chance for a cup of tea and to tell you all how wonderful my day is, right?

Wrong. Bright eyed and bushy tailed? More like a blind Manx Kat today! Squish had the worst night ever, resulting in my husband doing the first shift with him downstairs then me taking over about 3.30am. (God knows how he works all day after a night like that!) We have no idea what was wrong with him. He kept crying when we laid him down or sat with him so we had to walk round with him until he fell asleep (with the aid of some Calpol). I'm thinking he had a tummy ache as it was quite solid but who knows.

Anyway, my little dahling woke up grinning like a sodding northern, orange moggy this morning. No doubt enjoying the display of zombified, battered looking family that surrounded him. Even the Big One looked like he spent the night in a ditch! What a mess. If it wasn't bad enough, in walks Chaos....

So, after the larger boys have left for the day I am left to tend my offspring for the next 7 hours alone. Squish decided to cry every time I left the room, Chaos just seemed to have multiplied while I wasn't looking and was everywhere meanwhile, the dog politely asked to relocate to the garden until it was all over.
Somehow, I managed to give Squish a bottle while Chaos sat on the sofa eating some cereal and fwoot in front of the tele (bad I know but today I don't care!).

I find it very strange how things can change so quickly. One minute you are surrounded by horrendous screaming children and wonder how you will make it through the next 2 minutes (hours don't exist at this point or you wouldn't make it out alive!). The next minute all has fallen silent and two angels are playing happily at your feet, leaving you wondering "What the fuck just happened?!" It's almost like a contraction in a way. It gets gradually worse until you can't take anymore, then it's all over. Most bizarre. 


I managed to get them both to bed (without the use of a blunt instrument or drugs) and stole a heavenly shower in peace. It was great and no I didn't miss playing "Peebo" with the shower curtain, not one little bit!! So now, I'm sitting here in peace and quiet, enjoying the birds singing, bees buzzing about and my fingers tapping wildly on the keyboard for fear that the monsters may arise from their slumber at any moment! 


As this is what it looks like outside, I think I shall go and enjoy it while it lasts. Hope the sun is shining for you, where ever you are x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!