Sunday 3 June 2012

Yummy Mummy Meme


I have been tagged by Shay for this meme started by Busy Bee Mummy Bex
I am not entirely sure that I come anywhere close to being a Yummy Mummy and I'm sure my answers will illustrate why! I'm sure I'm closer to slummy mummy these days.



Please post the rules;
When answering the questions, give as much detail as possible. It's all about the finer details people!
Leave a comment Here (BusyBeeMummyBex blogspot).
Tag three or more people and link to them on your blog.
Tweet #yummymummy when sharing on twitter.


What is the first thing you do when you wake up?

I look over to see if my little Squish is still asleep then check the time. If he is asleep I'll snuggle back under the duvet. If he's awake we sneak downstairs (trying not to wake up Chaos) and have a bottle of milk and a cup of tea.

Do you shower daily? Are you an early morning shower or evening bath type?

Definitely a shower person. I do have a bath if I've got back ache. If I'm lucky I can grab a shower before my husband goes to work. If I'm really lucky and the boys sleep at the same time in the morning I can have one then. Otherwise it's in the evening once they are asleep.

Do you wear make-up daily?

Nope. I don't own any make up!

What's in your make-up bag?

I don't have one

When you're having a slummy mummy day what do you normally wear?

Is there any other kind of day? I don't wear anything decent unless I'm going out somewhere as it would just get ruined. I'm a cosy, comfy kind of girl so leggings or trackies and a t-shirt for me. My favourite item of clothing is my fleecy pj bottoms. They are the ultimate in sloppy comfy clothing!

Nails - how often do you get them done?

I've never had my nails done but I am planning a pamper morning with my Mum and my Gran so we can all have them done. I'm looking forward to it immensely.

Your top tip for tired eyes?

Sleep! Failing that a cold cloth works wonders. My Dad puts a hot or cold cloth on most things. He is absolutely right (most of the time!) if nothing else it certainly freshens you up

Are you a Starbucks or Costa Coffee kind of girl?

Neither. I'd much rather have a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows! I don't like paying £2 or £3 for something that costs about 20p at home. I would rather spend it on a Shakeaway or other treat that we don't have at home.

How many children do you have/want & why?

We have 3 boys. They are 12 yrs, 19 months and 6 months. We aren't going to have anymore as these guys are all perfect. I had a really tough pregnancy with the middle one followed by a traumatic birth with the little one which scared us both.

Where is your favourite place to shop for babies/children's clothes?

We have been so lucky and have been given so many clothes we have hardly had to buy any. As they are boys we just re-use them all again. I have bought a few things in Marks & Spencers as they tend to last long enough for both little ones to wear them. It makes it more worth the money then.

Flats or heels? Your everyday shoes are..?

Flats. Chasing round after these guys keeps me on my toes. I have some orange Crocs for wearing at home or the garden or trainers for other times. I have some walking shoes which are really comfy so I wear them to the woods or if I'm on the go all day.

The 3 people I'm tagging to do this are:

Thanks to Shay for tagging me in this Meme

1 comment:

  1. We've been very lucky with kids clothes too; my Niece and Nephew are 3 (almost 4) and 2 so the majority of our kids stuff was theirs. Saves so much money being able to pass things down!!

    Hope you, your Mum and Gran have a fun pamper morning :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!