Monday 2 July 2012

93 Million Miles....

My husband bought me the new Jason Mraz album LOVE, last week. It's brilliant. It is my CD of choice in the car now. There are some great songs on there like "I wont give up" and "Frankie d Fixer". 

But there is one song in particular that stands out for me and it's this one. Following the theme of wishes for my boys, I hope they "always know, where ever they go, they can always come back home."

A Beautiful Song for Three Beautiful Boys


With the Big One turning 13 in January, I am starting to feel like the time is rushing away from me. I won't have much longer with him as a kid. He still has boyish moments that remind me of when he was little but they are getting fewer now. He wants to stay out later and spends more time in his room. It's only three more years until he can leave school and the next step is leaving home....

Three years is nothing, especially if he is going to spend it grunting out a conversation or playing the xbox in his room. It makes me sad sometimes to think of all the empty promises I made him. Of all the trips we didn't quite make or films we didn't see. I always kept thinking there would be tomorrow or the next day and here we are... I feel like I have run out of tomorrows and I'm hanging on to the memories of my little boy who isn't quite there anymore.
He's a good looking lad. Kind and generous. Easy going and sensible. He is wonderful and I'm very proud to call him my son. My greatest achievement so far...  I hope we make it in tact through the teenage years for I am sure the man who emerges on the other side is going to be quite amazing!

Love you Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!