Wednesday 11 July 2012

Playing By The Book Tots100 #6

Number 6 on the Tots100 list is Playing By The Book. A wonderful and very useful blog to have on your follow list. Read on and I shall tell you why.

This blog is a fantastic font of knowledge regarding childrens books. Each month there is a themed link up called "I'm Looking For A Book About....." where people can add their reviews about a book with that theme. This months theme is "Space" so some of the books reviewed include Seven Wonders of Space Technology, The Aliens are Coming, Find the Constellations, Meg on the Moon and Across the Universe. They range from books for preschool children to teenagers so there really is something for everyone. There is an archive to hunt through if you want something specific. This will be a great help for homework or following a theme at home or at school. Next time I read a great book that me and the boys enjoy I shall write about it and link it up.

There is a lot of information to find on this blog but it is not overwhelming. It is wonderfully well organised and easy to find. There are links to other related sites and other ratings and reviews. There was an international postcard swap and a picture book swap which sound fantastic but unfortunately have now closed. I shall keep my eyes peeled for another one as I think it's a great idea!

I have just read a post from Reading Round Europe. The book is called One, Two, Three, Me and was translated from German to English. The post compares the original German book with the translated and altered English book. I found it interesting that the translators have also used slightly different illustrations too. Also in this post are the activities this book inspired. Writing their own poem and making a book whilst listening to songs with a counting theme. Something I would never thought of but certainly will in the future.
So many good ideas all over this blog that it is well worth visiting!

I have also discovered a great monthly linky called "Read Aloud Book Along". As it is linked on to another blog I shall let you investigate that one.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, how kind of you Kat - thank you so much for taking the time to write so much about my blog! I'm humbled and thrilled :-) Here's wishing you lots of lovely reading over the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!