Saturday 25 August 2012

The Progress of Pidgy Coo

As you may have read last week, we have been adopted by a racing pigeon. I realise he belongs to someone but unless we can catch him they wont come to pick him up and I can't register him as here. It's a tricky one.

The last I told you was that he had been gone all day last Saturday so I was hoping he had made it back to his loft. Unfortunately, later on Sunday morning he turned up looking rather worse for wear. He had a drooping wing and blood on his chest feathers. He spent the day sunning himself and sleeping. I did wonder if he was going to make it as he looked so rough.

I am pleased to inform you that he is looking very well. I haven't tried to catch him as he was looking so poorly. Thinking about it that probably would have been the best time! Still, I took some pictures of him today and apart from a little staining on his chest, he looks as good as new.
Here are his "Before" pictures....
photo edited for free at www.pizap.com

Here are some photos I took of him today.
It was a chilly morning!
Still a bit ruffled

Ruffled and curious with it! 
He looks so much better now. His feathers seem in much better condition, he is holding his wing normally again and his chest seems to have healed to. He is a mighty fine lookin' bird I think! I think I should make an attempt to catch him and send him home. I just don't want to stress him out or make his injuries worse.
All advice gratefully received although Darstardly and Mutley need not apply!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!