Wednesday 31 October 2012

10 Things To Smile About - October



The end of October already. I can't believe it! Where has this year gone?? This month has been quite a whirlwind of activity so I shall try to pick out the happy highlights to share with you all.



Mug Swap
I have just received a lovely mug from a fellow blogger. It never ceases to amaze me the thought that goes in to gifts from people I have never met. Thank you Issy x


The night I lost Chaos.
Having been sleeping in his little bed for a few weeks, Chaos developed a tendency to crawl out of bed in his sleep and end up on the floor. This particular night I had peeped in to check on them both and couldn't see Chaos in his bed. He wasn't in our bed either. I walked right to the other end of the room looking for him. It was only on my way back out that I noticed this little fleecy figure on the floor. In the dark he had blended in with all his teddys but the camera flash picks him out easily!


My new Speccys
I am really bad about wearing my glasses. I should wear them for reading and driving but they sit on the shelf at home. I recently had my eyes rechecked as I was getting a lot of eye strain and headaches. I needed a different prescription and have to wear them nearly all the time now (she says reaching for the case!) My right eye is fine. My left is quite poor so it is straining my right eye as it tries to compensate. I must make a real effort to wear them, even if I do look a bit daft! 


Birthday Party for Chaos
It was my little Chaos' 2nd birthday. He had such a great day with so many family over to see him. It was great to catch up with everyone and he was thoroughly spoilt and lapped up the attention, as usual! My clever little bean. Happy Birthday Gorgeous George x


A Love of Crafting
During the preparations for Chaos' birthday, I rediscovered my love of craftiness. I am not particularly good at drawing or making things but I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed being creative. We still have a lot of the decorations up as we put so much effort into making them. I intend to spend more time making things as I find it therapeutic and really rewarding.



Conors Gaff
My Brother in Law, who was staying with us in the summer, has just got the keys and moved in to his own flat today! It is a lovely place and I'm sure he will make it really cosy in time. He is so pleased with it and it is great to see him so happy and sparkly again.
I am really proud of him as it is a great responsibility and to undertake it on your own at 18 deserves respect I think! I am looking forward to going to see him tomorrow and see how his first night went.


Visit from Mother in Law
I know that is enough to send shivers up many a spine but I'm lucky I get on with mine! She stayed for a week and it was lovely having her to stay. She enjoyed spending time with the boys and they both made her feel at home. As she lives in Scotland we don't see her often so I'm really pleased the boys didn't go all shy with her.
Mum and Brother in Law

Our House
Having had Conor stay with us since the end of July then my Mother in Law stay for a week after Conor left, it has been a while since we had our house to ourselves. We have decided to move the boys into what was our bedroom as there room is very cold at night and I'm sure that will help them sleep through the night. We are now able to start decorating as the room is free. I am really looking forward to that! In the meantime, we are just enjoying being on our own again and getting used to the space!

Squish Pot Stands Up
My tiny little bean has started to stand on his own. He is slowly developing his balance and getting the hang of it quite quickly. He has had a couple of thoughts about walking but quickly forgot about them and crawled instead. He is such a lovely little boy, he makes my sun shine!


Mr & Mrs
Last but not least, things are on the mend with me and the man. We have talked a bit and spent some time together for a change. I'm sure things will continue to improve if we keep doing those two simple things, That's what got us together in the first place after all!!

2 comments:

  1. Love love that last picture!! And yea-- this list makes me so happy. Happy your brother-in-law was able to get his own place. Love the decor you made for the birthday party- so so cute! And yes, there is definitely something so satisfying about creating things like that.

    Thank you so much for linking up-- I am so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - thanks for sharing. I love your nick names for your family. They are so endearing, it shows how much you must love them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!