Friday 19 October 2012

An Autumnal Feel

Following on from yesterdays post, I am feeling positive about the future and all that it holds. My current situation has run its course and I can feel the end approaching. I am not sure what will happen but I am fully ready for it. That can mean only one thing, true Yazz style - The only way is up, baybeeeee!

Maybe it's the time of year or maybe it's more than that, I'm not sure. Like a fresh spring clean, I'm feeling a desperate need to de clutter. To rehome or recycle all the unused things in our house, to clear and sort out all the piles of "stuff" we have all over the place. I feel like the house is a reflection of the inside of my head. Everything is all over the place and I have no idea how to find things.

I feel like I want to prepare for a hibernation. To clear out the old so I can make space for the new. I want to spend time on myself for a change and rediscover who I am. I feel like I am waking up from a deep sleep and need to stretch and take stock of things. I am aware this is all sounding a bit spiritual and unlike my previous posts, but this is how I am feeling at the moment.

In decorating for the party, I found I could draw better than I ever have previously. I'm not saying I could make it as an artist, more that I really enjoyed making the decorations and I am thinking of doing some more for Christmas (of a non jungle theme!)
I would also really like to get a sewing machine to see what I can create with that. I have some lovely material upstairs that I bought to make a duvet cover from. I'm sure I could make something slightly more interesting.
I would also like to make a few more of our Christmas gifts this year, as I feel they mean that bit more given the effort that has gone into them.

In order for me to make time to do all these things, I feel I should tidy all the old things away. If I don't I shall just be merely adding to the Mess that is Me!

As you can see, things are looking good for the future!
In other news... My son has just emptied his whole bottle of milk onto the sofa....

2 comments:

  1. Take good care of yourself Kat.

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat just popping over for a mooch, i am always organizing and de cluttering, a tidy house is a tidy mind as you put it :) even if im having a lazy moo day i always make sure i at least de-clutter one draw/cupboard a day :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!