Tuesday 16 October 2012

Look What Kat Dragged In

Yes, it's me! I'm back - Huzzah!! I have missed you all. Only a week?? What do you mean? I'm sure it's been, like, forever! Here is my first post of revamped splendor. I suppose I should give you all an explanation really.

As I wrote in my last post, things at home had become ridiculously uncomfortable for everyone and it had started to affect the boys behaviour. We went to Relate, discussed a few things and decided that we still like each other a bit so had better make a bit more sodding effort!
Since our session we have begun talking a lot more. We have also started to point out when the other is not really listening or if the timing is not that great. We have made a rough plan of what to do each day, who's doing which jobs and other fun things! We have also been more affectionate and considerate of each other.  We still have a long way to go but I am glad we are making the effort to get there.
I think a lot of our problems are down to lack of sleep. We have been managing on so little for so long now, I can not sleep for longer than 5 hours at a time without waking up. My husband can manage about 3 hours before he wakes up. We get so little time without kids that once they are in bed we dive into our little online worlds and only emerge when the gritty feeling in your eyes gets so bad you can't see a thing! It's shameful really and I don't know how we got so bad.
I have decided to write my posts out when I can so time spent on here will be concentrated rather than wandering lazily through the blog pages. I love my blog and cant tell you how much I have missed it over the last few days. It is sooooooo good to be back!

On that note I shall explain why I said I was stopping Kat Sighs. I do feel that I have detached myself from my husband and I think we should both concentrate more on our relationship. I also felt a big change occurring. Not just in our relationship but also in me. I didn't feel I needed the antidepressants any longer so stopped taking them. I felt great! Really, back to my old self. I had energy, happiness and a new found drive to get things done. A few days later the old symptoms returned so I am back on the lowest dose and so far, seem to be doing well. I do not recommend stopping your pills without speaking to your Doctor first. It wasn't a wise move on my part and am now back on a lower dose of them so I wouldn't advise anyone to do the same!

As my blog has cataloged my journey with pnd so far, I didn't want to just let it go or make a new one. I do feel the need for a fresh start, something that would define the ending of one chapter and the start of another. I must apologize if you feel I have led you astray, if I have given you false impression but I do also hope that you can understand why I had to do it this way. It was a move for my own benefit and it has helped tremendously. I feel ready to enjoy being the bigger (?!), brighter me! I also want to be a bit more girly in this mad house of men, hence the pink here and there...

I have spent a while designing my new look and I hope you like it! I had quite a giggle with my husband as we discussed different names for the blog; such as
50 Shades of Kat
Katerific
Kats Kradle
Kats Krib - Innit bruv
The Many Colours of Kat
Colourful Kat

But we went with Kat a Pillar as I love a play on words. Caterpillar as in small grub with a potential for beauty - I can relate to that!
Also, Kat - A Pillar - I support the family and (try to) keep everything balanced at home!
So, there you have it. I am a supportive grub that scrubs up ok! I'd go with that.

I have a new profile pic of me sporting my new funky glasses. (I think getting my eyes checked is another thing I can cross off my 1001 day challenge) Also a rather dodgy looking, overgrown, homestyled moppa top! Its definitely time for a hair cut!

Its good to be back folks, I've missed y'all xxx

7 comments:

  1. Love the new look, Kat, good to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Missed you! Blog looks lovely, and I like the positive new name! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you muchly ladies! Its good to be back. I am planning to be wiser with my blogging time from now on so it doesn't impact on my family time. Wish me luck!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I'm going to comment on the glasses.. they look lovely, but more importantly (as I was in the same situation!) isn't it GREAT to finally cross the sodding opticians off your list?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yey Kats back!! Love the new image and name perfect! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back :0) And I luv your new look too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back. :-) Love the new look. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!